3 • he's not my boyfriend

third person

"good morning flores."

aubrey opened her eyes to see a brunette boy right in front of her face. "oh my gah-", seeing that it was jonah, she put her head back down, "i don't like you very much."

"boo hoo, you love me." jonah said as he tossed a blueberry at her, it landed right by her ear.

already annoyed from being awaken, aubrey sat up and flipped the bowl of blueberries out of jonah's hands, watching the army of blue roll out onto the floor.

"oh so now you're a jerk?" jonah said, shocked. he knelt down and began to clean up the mess.

aubrey went back under her blanket, resting her head against the couch, "don't wake me up next time."

"noted." jonah rolled his eyes. "you wasted all my blueberries." he frowned as he looked at the bowl of fallen berries.

"they're kinda gross anyway." the girl laughed as she closed her eyes again.

offended, jonah looked at her jaw dropped, "rude."

"you'll probably still eat them." aubrey said. she wasn't wrong, the thought of still eating them has crossed jonah's mind already.

"nah, i was taught better."

aubrey buried her head under the blanket, trying to warm up in the cold basement, "then give them to kyle."

jonah laughed, "yeah, i'll give them to kyle."

he ripped the blanket off of aubrey, exposing her pajama shorts and twin cities t-shirt. aubrey's eyes shot open as she looked up at the boy above her. "what now?"

"get up, we're giving these to kyle." the boy grinned.

aubrey rolled her eyes as jonah helped her get up from the couch, "it's not that hard to give food to him. we both know he'll eat anything."

"i know," jonah handed back her blanket and watched as she wrapped herself in it as they walked up the stairs, "but it's more fun with you."

aubrey turned around, facing him as we walked up the steps. she furrowed her eyebrows at him, "i still don't like you."

being almost two heads taller than her, jonah laughed at her attempts to be threatening. "you'll come around." he said, booping her nose.

"you did not just-"

"oh but i did." he laughed, seeing the look on aubrey's face.

"just eat the damn blueberries and let me live." she whined as she went over to the kitchen table for breakfast. she took a seat and began to pour herself a bowl of cereal.

she could feel jonah behind her as he lowered his head down to hers, "well where's the fun in that?" he teased before walking away.

"you know he likes you." carrie said from the living room. aubrey looked up, not even noticing she was there.

"he does not." aubrey said quickly and surely, even if she felt her face get hot. any sort of attention did that to her