A general map

So, things may be a little confusing with Octaria and Comet City. Comet City is a lawless land where people are mugged and killed daily, and no one has a problem with it either, it's the way the place works. It's a thieves den to sway the least, but there are also people there that are too poor to live elsewhere. Octaria is the nearest city to Comet City, only 100 miles or so up north, and it has lush fields nearby. It also is known for having nice houses and very little criminal activity. The only problem is that the people there don't like outsiders, unless said outsiders are bringing in money for them to take. Then you have the Beyond to the west, where there is very little civilization, the largest town being Ven town, population 100~, and resources are scarce in this desert like territory. Down to the south-southwest is Bountin, which is known for being rich in resources, and has a very mild climate. The only issue with the land is the treacherous path to get there, filled with mountain passes and violent storm patterns. The mountains are the only path to get there, and there are many dangerous creatures that hang around them, as well as horrible earthquakes that start land slides without warning. If you travel due south from Comet City, then you will find Wardè, the land of conflict. This land is in constant political turmoil between different sides of the war. The war has gone on for centuries, and while occasionally one side wins and gains control over the land, the other sides involved never truly dies off for good, and then launch a counter strike a few years later. There are 5 different factions in the war, and not being in the right faction is certain death if you meet up with a group of fighters, so most people tend to avoid this land if possible. It also is poor in resources, other than iron, bronze, zinc, and copper. To the east side, slightly to the south, there is the old menshaw mines, which are known for being so deep and wide that they extend under both Bountin and Octaria. The mines are all dug out for the first mile or so, but the more hardy sort of adventurer will go down to extract precious minerals and gems, as well as magic crystals and lost artifacts. And to the north-east of Comet City is the Blind Strait. It's a violent strait (kind of a big river) that is along the east border of Octaria, and it feels into an underground ocean known as the Makara. No one cares to cross the strait because of the speeds of the water, which  an sweep a large cruise boat away and sink it in mere moments, so Octaria knows that they are well guarded on their eastern flank. There are many towns and cities within each area, they are not actually towns or cities in themselves, more like Large territories or states, and Oliver lives with his friends in a city near the south-west of Comet City, to provide a little more information on the setting.