movie night

Snacks, beer, and something to watch. And maybe a slip of the tongue.

As the sun sets over the horizon, two men walk side by side in a well-lit street. They talk animatedly as they pass neon shop signs, people in suits heading home, teenagers on night outs with friends. The shorter man in a pink sweater and beanie holds onto a stuffed koala while the taller, slender man in a turtleneck and flannel has one hand in a pocket while the other holds two plastic swords.

"So since we're watching a movie," Brett says, tone rising at the end of the phrase, "we should definitely go get some snacks." Eddy rolls his eyes at his adorable best friend, who is glancing ahead contentedly. Eddy himself feels content at their—dare he call it—little date strolling around town and chowing around the place.

"You act as if I need any convincing," Eddy said with a laugh. Brett laughed along with that, arms still wound securely around Tchaikovsky the Koala. Eddy pulled out his phone and looked up a convenience store nearby for their movie night snack shenanigans.

"Wow, we're getting very lucky today every time we look for places. There's a store just around the corner," Eddy looks back at Brett, smiling brightly. "Well, let's go then."

They enter the store, staying at the entrance for a moment to get adjusted to the fluorescent lights. Some song in a different language plays through the speakers, undoubtedly a foreign pop song, if Eddy can tell from the I-V-vi-IV chord progression.

Brett immediately darts off around the shop in search of snacks to acquire while Eddy goes around on his own way. Eddy goes to the sweets aisle, getting some gummy bears for Brett's sweet tooth and some chocolate. He would've gotten Tim Tams like they usually do but they're not in Australia so whatever they can find has to do.

Eddy takes a turn to the next aisle, seeing Brett at the drinks section from the corner of his eye. Probably getting some beer, that idiot. He better not puke on me later. Eddy grabs two cans of pringles, one cheddar and one sour cream and onion. Gotta have some nice salty stuff to crunch on.

This should be good enough. Brett always gets a lot of snacks anyway.

And lo and behold, there stands Brett already paying in line, the stuffed koala tucked under his arm. Brett got an entire case of cass beer, Doritos, cheetos, salt and vinegar chips, two pints of Ben & Jerry's Rocky Road-ish ice cream, and a bag of marshmallows.

"So are you paying for all of those?" Eddy asks as he sets his own things on the conveyor belt. He grabs a divider after hearing Brett's small "yeah" and places it between their things. Brett had his snacks in two plastic bags, which are now on the floor as Eddy pays for his things.

Brett looks like he's staring into a whole different dimension, beanie covering his head. How cute. He's staring blankly ahead, his chin pressed to the stuffed koala. Wonder what he's thinking about.

Meanwhile, Brett is very lowkey panicking on the inside. He thanks his deadpan expression for saving him so many times, including this. What was he thinking? He bought beer again, as if that didn't stir any trouble last time. He can hold himself pretty well when sober but it looks like his feelings are just manifesting much stronger now. What if he does some stupid crap while drunk? Curse being a lightweight. Maybe he should've just bought Lacroix instead (Yeah right, no thanks, that tastes like angry water).

"Earth to Brett?" Eddy says, snapping Brett out of his reverie. The taller man is already holding one of his snack bags, "You ready to go?" He asks with a soft smile. Brett wants to feel that against his mouth, or any place on him really, he doesn't mind. He's not that picky.