FIVE. RECOGNIZE

Destiny packed up the school camera, asking for permission to keep it till the weekend. If she was going to help Julie and Flynn with the Instagram page, she had to keep the camera just in case of anything. Excitement filled the small body of her, the brown hair was pulled into a high ponytail, her bangs just getting in the way of her sight. The tapping of her foot started picking up pace, at any moment her ankle would start cramping if she didn't change the taps to her other foot, her brother's vehicle appeared in front of her, the silhouette of her father in the driver's seat made Destiny happier.

"Hey Kiddo, how was school today?" Her father said that even before she had the opportunity to place her seatbelt.

"Amazing Dad, I actually have an invitation to Julie's house, I am helping her with her band on social media and Julie said she could drive me to the school dance," Destiny rambled her words she thought she might need to repeat herself "which is today by the way, sorry forgot to remind you that." Her words slowed down, but her father had gotten used to her rapid mumbles.

"Well that sounds amazing, if you have her address I think I could drop you off right now, I got work to do, and, if you haven't eaten I'll give you money, order something with Julie and you two have fun, of course." Destiny pulled the note from her backpack, saying out loud the destination. "Yeah, I know where that is, not too far from Logan's house actually." Logan, a friend of Kendall's, Destiny remembered him very well. Logan was a very nice guy, always looking out for everyone, smart, and keeping Kendall out of trouble.

"I'll be picking you up at the dance, you text me twenty minutes before, got it?" Destiny's father pointed at her, the girl nodded her head and gripping gently his finger as a response.

Destiny saw the new change of scenery, she hadn't gone to another's house in a while and she missed the adrenaline, the feeling of meeting new people. Julie wasn't exactly someone new but having someone to talk to was new. Even in this different way of doing and having ghosts become the reason to be their talking topic, well, she thanked them.

"Alright, here we are kiddo, remember, twenty minutes before." Destiny nodded her head kissing his cheek as a goodbye. Destiny headed over to the entrance door, knocking a few times, and waited, her hands holding tightly the straps of her backpack, she turned around to check if her father had driven away but he was there, making sure she got inside safely.

The door opened and a man figure appeared, a warm smile drawn over his lips, he looked down at her with his blue eyes, soft and kind, just like the energy he portrayed.

"How may I help you?" He asked Destiny, he looked behind her and noticed the car, waving at Destiny's father.

"I'm here to see Julie? I'm Destiny, a friend from school." She spoke, Julie's father, as she imagined it was, nodded his head.

"Right, Julie told me you were coming, she's in the garage, just follow the steps down and you'll find it, if anything just knock again." He said pointing at the direction for her to go. Destiny turned to wave her father goodbye but the sudden walk of Julie's das toward the vehicle indicated to the teenager that two men were gonna start talking and get to know each other. Destiny chuckled rolling her eyes at the sight of them, it was good to know that even her father would start to make friendships today.

The brunette made her way to the backyard, opening the wooden door that was in the path, she could hear in the distance the notes of a piano, it suddenly came to her mind, she would see those ghosts again, her heard started thumping against her chest, her shaky hands commenced, this was insane, why was she doing these, she shouldn't have told Julie and just continue living her life, but these ghosts and their familiarity was just like a little rock in her shoe that she really wanted out.