2-Don't tell me that was a..!!!

The more she looked at the darkness, the more scarier it appeared to her. "What are you doing here?" A familiar voice called out to her. 

Anna flinched after listening to the voice. Although it was a familiar one, it still made her feel a bit scared.

"Gear up the courage Anna. You need to get out of here soon." She breathed out sharply and lifted her head.A very thin ray of light was coming from afar away. Even that tiny ray of light worked as a lamp in that utter darkness. She hesitatingly got up and tried looking at the circumambient to get an idea of where she was. 

Suddenly her eyes went to a hand which was approaching her. She got startled and tried moving away. The voice again called out to her,"Get up". This time, it came from nearby. She felt as if the person was standing next to her. "What?!" she hesitantly asked. "GET UP", a tinny voice answered her. This made her more overwrought. "Should I do as told or should I run away?" 

"GET UP!" the voice got more tuneless. 

"GET YOUR A$$ OUT OF BED" the person yelled at her.

Instantaneously something chilled hit Anna's body, making her snap out of her dream. Her eyes were blood red showing that she jolted out from her deep sleep. Blinking away the sleepiness from her eyes, she yelped  "What the..!! The water is so cold." 

"Wake up sleepy head. You can't be late on your first day." Anna felt a dip in the bed and lifted her head. Her mother was sitting besides her. "Rise and shine sweety" her mother said in her soft, musical voice. 

"Why are you doing this to me? I want to sleep" 

"No-no-no, Don't even think about going back to sleep. It's already 8 now." 

"WHAT!" 

Anna looked at the wall clock. '7:30 A.M.' it showed. 

"Mom" she narrowed her eyes, puffed out  her cheeks and glowered at her. "C'mon dear, get ready and come for breakfast. I have made something special for you." her mother said while getting up from the bed. 

"Anna, speed up. You are already late" she remarked before leaving the room. Anna nodded her head lightly. 

She recently got her first job, at a commercial film production company in the production department, and today was her first day at work. The company is well reputed and has been a star performer in the past few years. Anna was happy that she got the job,even as a temporary employee. She wanted to look her best and make a good, lasting first impression. Fine black denims with white shirt and a blue-black jacket was what she decided to wear on her first day. 

"8:30! Fudge, I am late" she hurried to the dining room and saw her father sitting on the couch, doing his office work. Her mother was in the kitchen. 

"Good morning Dad" she wished and rushed towards the main door. 

"Good- Hey wait!"

"Where are you going this early in the morning dear?" 

"Dad! Not again" 

"What?"

"I told you that I got this job last night only. How can you forget already?" 

"Oh yes. I remember"

"Good. Bye now" 

She was about to leave when her mother called her from behind, "Have your breakfast Ann." 

Anna rolled her eyes and answered, "I'll buy something in the way mom, but I am really getting late now. I don't want to give a bad impression on the very first day." 

"Oh Gosh! This girl. Just wait a minute" her mother shouted from the kitchen. "Ahhh- what now mom?" she was shaking her legs. 

Her mom appeared from the kitchen with a lunch box in her hands. Anna's eyes went wide and her neck slightly tilted to the right as she was deeply touched by the sweet gesture of her mother.  "Awww mom! You are the best!".Her mother got blushful by her compliment and a tiny but heart-melting smile appeared on her lips.  

"Now, take it and wish you all the luck my sweet little Ann. Mom loves you." She put the lunch in the backpack and zipped it. "Go get em tigress" her father exclaimed while his eyes were still fixed on his laptop. 

"Thank You so much mom." she hugged her mother. "Also, thank you dad." she shouted. Again, she turned to her mother whose eyes were beaming with love and proud. Anna hugged her and quickly placed a small peck on her cheeks. "I'll get going now. Thanks for the lunch mom. Take care. Bye-bye." and with that she left her house. 

Anna strides to the bus stop. She sat on the seat, trying to catch her breath. After calming herself down, she took out her phone to see the time. '9:00' it showed. 

"I will be on time now. The bus hardly takes 15 minutes from here." she exhaled and took out her phone to check the messages. 

         ***********

Time flies~ 

"What the hell? It's 9:18 and I can't see any bus. How am I gonna get there now?" she started to worry.