chapter 2; but how?

*out of the flashback*
she still didn't understand what had happened to her, how she was here but not really here. it was all so confused. but it also relieved her knowing that she didn't need to live her life anymore, if you didn't know already, it sucked. what she did know is that she needed to protect adora and make sure she never goes through what she had to.

she sat down on the bed, tearing up thinking about all the bad things she's done and all the people she had hurt. the portal, queen angella, salineas. but now she could never hurt anyone again, but everyone had to live with the fact that she died as a villain and not an ally.

*back to the pov of adora*

the rest of the princesses that were left were talking in the bright moon meeting area but adora couldn't think straight. she couldn't get her head around how catra isn't here anymore and how she can't ever feel safe again without her presence.
"guys i'm going to be right back, there's something i left in my room"
she walked, with her eyes slowly started to form tears. adora reached for the handle of her room and walked in only to see a figure. but this wasn't just any figure, it was a figure that resembled her once best friend. it was curled up with its legs to its chest, silently crying. she thought she was dreaming or hallucinating so she went over to touch the mysterious thing by its shoulder expecting it to go through but instead it stayed there. adoras hand rested on the ghost-like person. it flinched, and a wave of realisation finally hit adora.
"c-catra? is that you, or am i.. dreaming." she said tearfully.
"adora, you can see me? YOU CAN SEE ME!"
"catra how are you here what's going on is my mind playing tricks you're meant to be d-dead how"
"adora calm down, i am dead but i'm also not? it's confusing"
"but how?" the two hugged, adora never thought in a million years catra would be here, hugging her once more.

"i dont know, but i'm here now and i'm not leaving you yet

"i dont know, but i'm here now and i'm not leaving you yet."
adora broke down crying, hearing those words come out of catras mouth was so comforting and it was words she thought she would never hear. they stayed like that for a while, appreciating each other's embrace.
"you know, i never thought i'd see you again," catra said while wiping her tears away and also letting out a small chuckle.
"me t-"
she couldn't finish her sentence, bow and glimmer ran in to see a blonde with bloodshot red eyes which obviously have been crying for a while.
"hey, you ok? we heard you talking, who was it?" glimmer asked, leaning into a hug
"yeah, i'm alright, i just.. miss her"
bow joined the hug. adora looked back to see catra standing there rubbing her arm. she gave a quick smile, reassuring her that she's not going anywhere.
"if it's ok, i'd like some time alone"
"of course, if you need anything, we're right here adora."
"yeah, thanks guys,"

"finally they're gone," catra sighed
"what, they're obviously going to worry. are you jealous?" adora knew what she was doing, a smirk started to form on her face.
"what no! shut up" she rolled her eyes, they havent done this for a while. teasing each other, laughing together, them against the world, it was a good feeling to have back for both of them.
"so i'm guessing i'm the only one who can see you?"
"seems like it, sparkles and arrow boy didn't say anything when i stood there, so yeah it's only you."
adora smiled at the ghost cat, she might not know how she was here but that didn't stop her from having a sense of happiness that she's here, no one can see her but her but that was better than her talking to a gravestone and giving it flowers they'll never receive.

"i'm going to stop prime, no matter what. i won't forgive him for putting you through pain"
"adora it's ok, he needs to pay for what he did but don't worry about me. i'm fine"
anger started to fill adora, she couldn't take it. she stormed out of the room leaving catra speechless but following right behind her.

adora barged her way into the room where all the princesses where.
"we are going back to the fright zone, today. we're going to get our friends back no matter what prime throws at us."