🌸The day we met - p.10

Mike's POV

I watched Norton run off. I'm glad he comforted me. I walk back into my room. Closing the door behind me. As I sighed.

I went to my bed and sat down at the edge of it.

I only smiled a bit. I came to this manor to win the prize. Not to meet anybody, Norton just feels special to me. As I lay on my bed. Laying on my back. Hands laying below my head. Relaxing.

That makes me curious now, what is the main reason that Norton came to the manor... And why did I think of him almost with any chance I get?! Ugggghhh!

I grab my pillow and put it over my face. I stayed like that for a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The match as ended atleast an hour later. Norton walked to his room, wounded yet a bit tired.

Norton's POV

I walk back to my room, opening the door. The room was dark. Which made me tremble a bit. I only started getting more scared. As I quickly looked for the light switch. Finally finding it.

I felt relief, as I closed my door. Stretching. As I took my hat off. Placing it on the edge of my bed. Luckily it shouldn't fall. As I went to the desk. I didn't know how to give proper medical treatment, I still had some scars and bruising from matches. Like everyone else here.

I also had some scars since the incident of the mineshaft, which I don't wanna remember. As I sigh.

I grab some bandages. Walking to my bed, sitting at the edge of it. Rolling up my one sleeve aswell as my glove. which revealed a small burn contacted to my top hand.

I bandaged my arm, aswell as some other wounds I had from the match.

Curiously, I wonder if the Acrobat was okay, I only shook my head.

No Norton campbell. No! You are here for one reason, to win the prize.

I only got frustrated with myself as the candle on my hat lit up, not noticing.

That's the thing about me most of the time. Back then aswell. My emotions were changeable as weather. I can be in any mood. It was hard to get to know me, or understand me. Since the mineshaft incident. I only did that rarely now. But still.

Finishing up bandaging my arm. I didn't bother with the rest. As I heard a knock on my door.

"Mr Campbell? I'm sorry to disturb what you were doing. It's Emily by the way...I just wanted to check on you and your wounds."

I sigh at the thought. Still not knowing about my candle. I walked to the door. And opened it. Emily stared at me, as she noticed something.

"Hey! What's with your candle? It's on fire..but slowly going out." Emily stared at me with pure confusion.

My eyes widened. As I quickly took my hat off. The flames went out like a snap. I look back at the confused doctor.

"Well...I lit it before you came in...the flame is dying down now." I said as I look back at her. She blinked. But probably brushed it off.

"Right...anyways, Dinner is starting soon."

"Will you be there?" Emily asked. As I stood there for a minute. Blinking, and shrugged.