Chapter 1

❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞. 𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞.❞

AVA'S P.O.V

I rattled my pen on my table and fidgeted my foot. Class has already started 20 minutes ago and Justin's still not here.

I sighed and put my hand on my face. I turned to face the window and looked outside.

I can't listen to the professor's instruction when Justin isn't there but this isn't something new. He's always been like this, even when we first met.

Throwback – Ava and Justin 6 years old

"Mommy when can we cut the cake? I'm hungwy." I said in my baby voice and looked up at my mommy. She just chuckled and picked me up. She wrapped her arms securely around me and kissed my cheek. "You are just my impatient peanut." I pouted when she called me a peanut.

"There is just one kid missing. He's a little late but we can't start without him. It would be rude." My mommy said and pushed my hair back.

"He?" I asked my mommy and tilted my head. "Yes baby. His name is Justin. He recently moved in our neighborhood with his mother. Maybe you can be his friend, so he won't be alone."

I quickly shook my head and made a disgusting face. My mommy laughed. "Why not baby?"

"Boys are yucky mommy." I said and crunched my noise.

My mommy only laughed but stopped when my daddy walked towards us. "That's correct baby. Boys are yucky." He said and made a face. I giggled and nodded my head. My daddy took me in his arms and spun us around. I squealed and wrapped my arms tightly around my daddy's neck.

I was at my friend's birthday party. She turned 6 years old just like me. I wanted to eat the birthday cake but stupid boy is still not here.

I heard the doorbell and quickly run towards the door.

"Ava, don't open the door!" I heard my mommy yell but I didn't listen. I got on my tippy toes and opened the door.

I held the door in my hands and looked outside. I was met with a little boy hiding behind a woman's legs. I looked up and saw the woman smiling down at me.

I got nervous and ran back inside.

I stopped running when I saw my mommy's angry face. I pouted and hugged her legs. "Mommy there is someone at the door." I innocently said. "I know missy. Next time don't open the door to strangers and mostly when it's not your house." Mommy said and pointed her finger at me. I nodded my head and hugged her tighter.