only chapter

I remember the times we would go to the park at 3am... you'd say you couldn't sleep and wanted to go for a walk, but didn't want to go alone, so, you'd take me with you. You'd lay down on the blanket you brought and looked at the moon and when there was no moon, you'd look at where it was supposed to be. You'd always say how much you liked looking at it, you'd talk about becoming an astronaut only so you could look at it up close and I'd laugh, knowing you were just kidding.

     When you looked at me, i'd pretend i'd been looking at the moon the whole time, just waiting for you to look away, so I could stare back at you, because, I could look at you 24/7 and never get tired of your beauty. Your smile, that started to disappear slowly since that day... the shine in your eyes, that started to fade... your extroverted, bright and energetic personality, that became morbid.

     Those people... they did that to you. They took advantage of how broken you were, and broke you again, in the tiniest pieces, harder to put together, harder to fix.

     It was in that day, I promised myself to go to the park every day, lay down on your towel, and look at the moon, just like you used to do. I'd be talking to the moon just the way I'd talk to you, trying to bring you back, even though I knew that it was impossible. I'd lie to myself every day, telling myself it was just a really good prank and, on some random day, you'd knock on our door, and I'd get mad at you because how scared I was for you.

     Our neighbors actually think I'm crazy... when I come back every day from the park, I sit at the door, waiting for you... it would be funny if it wasn't tragic.

     I know you're somewhere out there... somewhere far away. I want you back, I really do... You're all I had. I like to think you're on the other side, talking to me too... or am I fool, who sits alone, talking to the moon?