• • •

language is a fickle thing for it can lead to a true break down in communication, but could also not even be a factor at all. sometimes, the emotions speak for themselves without the need to even open their mouths.

YUNHO thought it would be fun to go back to reconnect with his roots and return to a country that spoke a language he couldn't understand. despite fitting in from the outside, he had never felt so isolated and alienated in his life.

MINGI was intrigued by the foreigner who seemed to never change his coffee order despite clearly disliking it.

"why do you keep ordering it if you don't like it?"

"perhaps i'm only ordering it because it hurts."

"so you enjoy the pain?"

"depends on the kind of pain."

•••

"hello and welcome to one day at a time, how may i be at your service?"

a yungi au

•••

when the text is written in italics the characters are speaking in english.

when the text is written normally, like it is here, they are conversing in korean.

•••

warnings: this book is nsfw and mature.

this is a short story with fairly long chapters and has two parts.

•••

my second novel on this account oh how exciting!

since yungi are two thirds of my bias line and my favourite friendship in the group (just barely ahead of madz or seongjoong), i thought a cute story would be perfect (with a twist that is.)

i got the idea from a prompt book and when i find it i will link it because i wonder if they'll enjoy reading this.

•••

thank you for your purchase here! we can't wait for you to join us again.

don't forget to always take things one day at a time.

•••