peach soju

"i'd love to go karaoke with you hongjoong." seonghwa smiles gently to the delight of wooyoung and mingi who were standing off to the side and drying some glasses.

hongjoong finally had the guts to ask seonghwa out, after spending the entire morning completely distracted and unable to go to work. for a date to go do karaoke none the less. very loud and very private, he went with the perfect option really.

they were happy hongjoong was finally acting on his stupid crush and it was clear that seonghwa was reciprocating the feelings with the way he softly turned a red shade. "he didn't even act this way around jaehyun-sunbaenim."

"oh? what was he like around him then?"

"they act like close friends more than they do lovers. on the other hand... seonghwa and hongjoong have known each other for forever, they're like two peas in a pod. they know each other so well, it's truly shocking how oblivious seonghwa is." wooyoung adds on, not to the surprise of mingi though, he was well aware of their situation.

and it all seemed to go smoothly, mingi tunes his ears out of their conversation to give them privacy. but not he before he glances over and sees a look flashing over hongjoong's face. he waves over his employees, "mingi! wooyoung-ah!"

and right then, as they look at each other with a knowing gaze, they both knew that hongjoong hadn't grown any balls and was still the biggest coward in the whole room.

"you can join us for karaoke too right?"

seonghwa visibly furrows his eyebrows at this, presumably confused and wondering why he would suddenly invite their two workers. "i'm okay with it just being the two of u—"

"no! don't be a bad boss, let's treat them for their hard work." he scurried over to the two with the most desperate and pleading look mingi had ever seen, grabbing them by the forearms and pulling them towards the taller. "plus.. employee bonding and what not!"

this time seonghwa's face goes from a confusion to visible disappointment, but hongjoong was blinded by his cowardice and embarrassment in front of the co-owner. because despite the bright blue hair that seemed to beg for attention, hongjoong always cracked under pressure when he was alone under the spotlight.

"we're already really close as a unit. plus, then you'd have to invite the other employees too."

"the more the merrier!" hongjoong has lost his mind at that point, spewing absolute nonsense that didn't need to make sense just as long as it meant that he wouldn't have to be alone in the same room as seonghwa for an extended period of time that wasn't work. "wooyoung, you could always bring felix and felix's friend that's always here.. chan right?"

"oh, and yunho too!" the taller suddenly gets yanked into the conversation. "are you up for some karaoke?"

mingi growls at the sight and almost demands hongjoong to let go with his eyes and intense glare. everyone seemed extremely uncomfortable at the dominance and possessiveness that ebbed out of mingi, except for hongjoong who was still delirious and high on his utter idiocy.

he used to find yunho mildly annoying, the older was constantly stuttering and unable to speak properly whenever they talked. but after genuinely conversing with the other about things other than what he wanted to order that day, mingi was utterly obsessed.