Prologue

Edited 3/2/2022

Edited 3/2/2022

Prologue

Under a dense cover of cloud in the city of Forks, Washington lived the Olympic Coven. They were a rather strange coven and differed from others of their kind in many ways. First, was their diet. Unlike others of their kind they chose not to feed off humans but rather off of animals and considered themselves 'vegetarian vampires' which led to their aurum coloured eyes so different to the blood red of newborns or others of their kind. Second; they chose to live amongst humans, sending the 'teenagers' as it were to school while Carlisle Cullen was the Doctor at the local hospital. Thirdly; they were extremely close to each other and acted more like a family than a coven. They were also a rather large coven with eight vampires, most of whom had gifts, living under one roof.

There were the leaders of the clan or rather mother and father if you will; Carlisle and Esme Cullen. They were not only husband and wife but they were also mates. Thus brings us to the fourth reason. Nearly every member in the coven has succeeded in finding their mates except for two of its members. Apart from Esme and Carlisle who have already been mentioned there was Esme's younger sister Evelyn and her mate Alice. Esme had been ten when Evelyn was born and the two have a rather close and remarkable relationship. While the pair had been human Evelyn had tried to protect her older sister from her abusive ex-husband even if it meant she got beaten as well. When Esme had 'died' and been turned by Carlisle she had become exceedingly worried for her little sister and often watched over her as she knew her ex liked to blame her sister for things that had happened between them.

Unfortunately Esme's worst fears had come true when two years after she had been turned, not long after Evelyn had turned eighteen, she found her sister dying in the road after being involved in a hit and run. Most likely caused by her ex. Not wanting her little sister to die Esme took her to Carlisle so he could change her. Which led her to develop a rather rare power of Atomokinesis. Not long after Edward returned (the first person Carlisle had turned) after his ten year binge on human blood. Nearly ten years later Rosalie Lillian Hale joined the clan after Carlisle found her in the street dying after she had been beaten and raped by her fiancé and his friends.