Chapter 1: Viridity

"When I first met you,

I honestly didn't know you were gonna be

this important to me."

viridity

(n) naïve innocence

Lucas had never been hit in his whole life even by his own parents

Lucas had never been hit in his whole life even by his own parents. For this reason, he cannot fathom why Athanasia had hit him after sending her to White Jr.'s manor. He was just following her wishes! And it was fun to tease her, too. The princess was a rather brazen kid who didn't care about the consequences of hitting the great magician of the tower. Despite staying in his kid form, the fact that Lucas is a powerful wizard capable of blowing up the entire Obelian empire didn't change.

But it's alright. The princess is a dear friend. Lucas rolled his eyes at the thought.

So when she asked him again to send her back again to White Jr.'s manor, he didn't hesitate to abide her requests — which is an addition of changing her eyes to red. He has been itching to pay back for the little stunt the princess pulled on him earlier, and the perfect revenge popped into the his mind. 

He transported her through White Jr.'s manor's chimney and has been snickering about her mentally-addressed curses towards his beautiful self. He then transported to the manor after her, covering his body and presence presence with invisibility.

He couldn't help but sneer at her shared interaction with the white-haired kid. The princess was obviously astounded upon hearing academic knowledge spouting out of the white-haired kid's mouth. Her face looked hilarious that he wanted to reveal himself, have her face painted in a portrait, and continuously laugh at her foolish, priceless reaction.

"Is this why she studies so hard?" Lucas thought to himself.

Whatever. He's far greater and more intelligent than the two of them combined. Lucas inwardly laughed at his thoughts before immediately stopping at once. "Okay. Perhaps the princess is ranks higher in both categories in comparison to the other kid, but I am greater. I am the greatest! And I am not absolutely saying this because she is a friend. Right."

He blinked twice to turn his attention back to silently observe the two kids' exchange from afar, impatiently waiting for the princess's call to return her back to the palace, when suddenly two knocks resounded the room.

"Big brother," An airy, high-pitched voiced called. Lucas arched a brow. "Oh great. It's another kid."

Athanasia and the white-haired kid turned towards the door in surprise. "Is that your sister?" she asked.

"Big brother? May I come in?"

"Wait a minute. I'll be there." White Jr. replied before looking back at Athanasia. "Wait here, please. I'll be back in a moment" He said, walking towards the door to open it. Lucas scoffed at the kid's impudence. How dare he have the audacity to order the princess to wait and  ignoring her question! Even someone as arrogant as Lucas — who definitely has the right to be arrogant considering his genius — has learnt etiquette and manners especially addressing someone towards the royal family. 

He just chooses not to apply those most of those learnt manners towards Athanasia, but still how dare that white kid do those acts. Should he report this and charge the white-haired kid with treason?

Irritated, ruby-red eyes looked at the door's direction. The door was opened to a small bit, and he couldn't see the new girl. However, he grew curious at the other sight he saw. It was dark and dancing. It was definitely black magic. 

"I'll be right back. Please wait for me." The dark-haired wizard saw White Jr. mouthing those words to Athanasia — to which the princess replied by looking in surprise. Feeling mischievous, Lucas teleported beside the princess and asked her, "Is she a chimera?"

"Gaaah! You scared me!" The oh-so-graceful and elegant princess of the Obelian empire screeched that Lucas thought his beautiful ears were bleeding from the loud sound emitting from a such small kid. Rubbing his ears, he backed away from her not wanting to be hit him again.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Am I not allowed to be here? I just wanted to see the kid who you wanted to be friends so badly. And that impudent boy has a sister. Is she a chimera?" It didn't escape his eyes to see the princess flinch. His eyes narrowed at the sight and decided not to say a word before turning towards the window to gaze at the tiny two figures from a distance.

"They're headed to the greenhouse, right? We should go too." He speaks. Athanasia blinked upon hearing his words. "Why are we going to follow them? I was about to call you to head home."

Lucas faced her and smirked. "Don't worry, Your Royal Highness. We won't get caught."

Greetings, beloved readers

This chapter is dedicated to Dazai_Is_Mine_Uwu. I apologize for publishing this late, and I also want to thank you for giving me the will to update amidst my very hurtful school schedule *insert oh-so-graceful and elegant laughter*. 

I would have updated this fanfic a year from now if it weren't for you. Thank you.