chapter 22

Avery
He took it better than I thought he would, I had moved closer to him for comfort before I told him. By the end of it we both were crying. He then promised I wouldnt have to see him again. I just hoped  he could keep the promise. I also couldnt help but think back to beth and nathan, and what they must think of me, I hope they want to be friends still.
"How about me and you just have a chill day, we will do anything you want" Elijah says interrupting my thoughts. It was sunday after all, I doubt he would be working. "Sure can we watch a movie" I ask and he nods "of course" I smile and he gives me the tv remote to choose a film.

As I flicked through the films I began to think about Elijah. After all this time I was happy. Elijah was unlike the rest of them.  They all beat me and worse. I think the best part about Elijah was that I had seen his scary side and most of the time i felt safe and knew he wouldnt hurt me, of course because of my past there will always be doubt.

Elijah
"Let's watch this" she said and put a film on, I was unsure as to what it was but I smiled nevertheless, I would watch anything with her. We watched the film, she had brought a blanket and was now laid against me. I had wrapped my arm around her not long ago. Just sitting and watching a movie made me think about all those years I missed. I wanted those years back but I knew it could never happen and I was just glad I had her now.
I was ready to hunt down this man and end his life for hurting my little girl. I had messaged some of the tech guys to trace where the number was called from. He would be dead soon. "Elijah" my murderous thoughts vanished after hearing her voice. "Yeah baby" I ask as I mindlessly play with her hair. "Do you think beth and nathan will still like me" she asked.  "Of course, they were worried about you shows they care and if they dont then they were never your friends" I tell her. "Thanks Elijah,  you're the best" she said smiling up at me. I chuckle at the compliment "of course but only because its you" we continued watching the film, it soon ended and I noticed it was after lunch. "Let's get you something to eat" I tell her getting up. "But I had icecream, I'm not hungry" she says and I give her a look. She responds by giving me a look , which I figured meant no.  "Fine" I say after a few moment of having a stare out with her. "Yay" she squeals and I laugh at her childish behaviour.
"Give me the blanket I'll go put it away, you can go wash that spoon up and throw the tub away" I tell her. She is quick to give it me and i smile. I take the blanket and go to put it away, before I do, I  change my mind. Instead i decide to go put it in Averys room. After all this blanket had become hers. I fold it neatly and go to put on her bed , I turned around to walk out when something caught my eye in the corner of her room on the bookshelf.
Drugs.
I didnt know how to feel about my discovery. I felt sad that she was doing them, I felt annoyed she broke a rule,  angry because of the severity. I didnt want to believe it but only me and her had access to my place, apart from my family who hadnt been round, well except my dad and he never went into her room. They weren't mine so they had to be hers. I picked them up and put them in my pocket. I would ask her about them later.

I had a bad past with drugs and I didnt want Avery to turn out like me but I had to be more careful when handling this situation.

"Elijah" I heard her call. I decided to ignore the drugs for now and put in a smile "yes avery" I say walking into the kitchen. I wasnt in a good mood and she probably could tell. I just dont get how or why. "Can we go out, maybe to the park" she asked. Any other time I would have said yes but I was just too annoyed. "I gotta go to work" i lie. I was angry and i didnt want to do or say anything I'd regret. "But you said" she trailed off. "Well now I'm saying I have to go to work"  I tell her, I was beginning to loose my patience. "But its sunday" she said. "I dont give a damn what day it is. I said I have to work and that's what I'm going to do. I cant be with you 24/7, I'm going to work and dont even think about leaving, you're grounded" I snap. I was done. She broke a rule. Drugs were a big no for me ever since joe...
"Why, I haven't done anything wrong, I havent broken any of your rules, I've been good" she said causing me to flip. She really thought she could play dumb with me.
"Do not play dumb with me. I gave you rules, simple rules which you broke. I told you there would be consequences" I couldnt help but shout. "I havrnt done anything" she still tried to play dumb. "I'm going to work, when I get back I'll deal with you" my voice was cold as I spoke. She nodded "yes sir" I felt a little hurt when she called me sir but I ignored it and walked out.

As i drove to the warehouse, i started to consider she really had no clue about them however she had to. My home was secure, not only that but the staff in the lobby would report anyone they see as suspicious or not seen before. She was the only one. Maybe she was holding onto them for someone?  I just hoped she wasnt taking them behind my back.

I arrived at the warehouse. My top priority was the fucker who called avery. No one hurts my little girl. "Any updates on that number I gave you" I ask the IT guy, he nods "no boss" he replied, making me impatient. I couldnt wait to get my hands on him.