23

- The Wedding Crasher -
Zoe's POV

I opened the bedroom door to see Alfie buttoning up his shirt. He smiled and continued buttoning his shirt.
"Hey gorgeous," I smiled and walked over to him grabbing his black tie off the dresser on the way. He lifted his neck up so I could wrap it round his neck. After tying it up, I placed tiny pecks on his cheeks.
"Zoee," he laughed, brushing me off, I giggled and sat on his knee. "You can kiss me all you want once I'm back from the wedding," the wedding.
"I wish I could go..." I sighed, running my fingers through his un-styled hair.
"Just give it time little one, they'll understand," he smiled. He was right. They had to come round eventually. Tanya and Jim fell out with me over Henry. I wish I'd never met him.

-

I slumped myself on the sofa and hacked at my ice cream with the spoon. I wanted to see Tanya. I wanted to see her dress, her flowers, her venue, her vows. I missed her. Tears fell down my cheeks as I stuffed a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. I caught my refection in the blank screen of the TV. I was a mess. A crying, slobby, broken mess. I put the carton on the table and walked into our bedroom. I fixed a decent face of makeup, pinned my hair into a low bun and managed to find a decent looking dress. I looked okay. I actually looked okay.

-

"Excuse me, do you know where the wedding of Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman is?" I asked the receptionist at The Grove hotel.
"On the second floor, in our elite suite," she smiled. I thanked her and headed in the elevator. I got my phone out of my clutch and checked the time. 1.04. The wedding started at 12.50. I was just in time for the vows, I smiled. I arrived on the second floor and saw a sign to the elite suite. I raced down the hall, trying to find it as quickly as possible. I stopped at a huge double door and peered through the frosted glass. I saw the familiar face of Alfie and immediately knew I was in the right place. I pushed it open slowly and walked inside. Tanya was stood at the altar, holding Jim's hands, Alfie and Marcus stood by Jim's side whereas Niomi and Louise stood by Tanya's. Tanya gasped as she turned to look at me.
"Tan..." I whispered with faint tears forming on my waterline. She smiled and let go of Jims hands. She lifted up the bottom of her dress and ran towards me, I opened my arms and pulled her in close.
"I've missed you," she cried. I wiped a tear from her face and smiled. She took my hand and led me over to where Niomi and Louise were standing. She let go of my once I was in place and went back to saying her vows. I saw Alfie look over at me and smile. I knew he wanted me to do that.