Chapter 106

THE BIRTH OF A NEW LINK, BETWEEN MONSTERS AND HAUNTED HOUSES: HALLOWEEN!

The Fourth Realm, with its clashes, was now part of their memories and, four days after returning home, Damian, Haru and Nobu continued to enjoy their well-deserved rest.

That morning, entering her son's room, around ten thirty to put down a pile of clean linen, Damian's mother, realizing that the three were still placidly asleep, began with an annoyed tone, determined to wake them up - Is it possible that you three ... - but, once she turned to the bed, the words died in her throat as a smile filled with tenderness rose on her face.

Damian, as usual, was lying on his back between the two children while Haru, on his left, held his head resting on his chest, the child left arm stretched upwards with his hand on Damian's face while his right hand was tightly held around the men's left and the rest of his body stretched across the side of the bed with the legs dangling from the edge of the mattress. Nobu, who slept on Damian's right, instead was lying on his stomach, holding his little face resting on Damian's shoulder, with his right arm encircling the men belly while Damian was holding his right arm resting on his shoulders, caressing it at times, his legs finally, like the little friend's, were stretched out so that they partially protruded from the bed.

So, not being able to refrain from commenting to herself - What treasures! ... - and then, shaking her head amused, add - ... Look at how these two must sleep ... - and lifting gently Haru's head, so as not to wake her grandson, to rest it on his father's shoulder, she continued observing the relaxed expression of her son - ... Who would have thought that you would become a father so young ... it seems to me like yesterday that you were coming to sleep in the middle between me and your father! ... Then what a treasure of a child you have! ... He's wonderful! I couldn't ask for a better grandchild ... - and after having moved his legs, spreading them on the bed, and covered him watching as he turned on his right side snuggling against his father she moved on the other side of the bed to do the same with little Nobu as she continued saying - ... And I must admit that as a father ... you're good! ... The way you also take care of this little one ... seeing you together is a wonder! ... - but at that point, without opening his eyes, Damian asked in a low voice - Are you really so convinced that I am really that good as a parent?! ... Honestly it seems to me that I never make a right one! ... - and, after a few moments of astonishment, the woman replied, noting the hint of genuine concern in her son's voice, - Yes! ... I'm sure of it!... Being a parent is the hardest job in the world, you know?!... But you... are doing a great job and.... the love that transpires from your child's eyes when he looks at you or simply thinks of you ... they are irrefutable proof! ... - and after having turned a last glance towards the bed, and its three occupants, she left the room, leaving her son to his thoughts and doubts.

Although they were apparently happy as usual, the two children had struggled to get rid of the tension derived from the recent trip and only the previous afternoon, while they were snuggled whit him, they had finally relaxed completely falling into a deep and peaceful sleep interrupted only for dinner and then, they returned to their slumber, that continued until that morning.

So Damian didn't feel like waking up the two children, letting them rest as long as necessary, until around eleven, rubbing his eyes, Haru said, in an adorable sleepy voice, - G'day Daddy ... - and then pushing his little face into the hollow of his neck eager to cuddle, he continued asking - ... What time is it? ... Have we overslept?! ... - and placing a peck on his nose Damian replied smiling - Yes, love ... today we slept really late! ... It's almost eleven but it doesn't matter ... we really needed it, my little one ... - and brushing a lock of hair from his face he asked softly -Do you feel a little better darling? ... - and Haru replied, placing a peck on his cheek, - Yes! ... Now I feel better! ... Thanks for letting us rest dad ... - and timidly joining the embrace, Nobu said yawning - Day Dami ... day Haru ... - so, pulling him to his chest, Damian answered softly - Well woke up sleepyhead!... - and, while Nobu snuggled against his chest, smiling and enjoying the embrace of the two friends, Haru cheerfully replied - 'Day Nobu! ... How do we play today?... -.