Chapter 3

Mike's P.O.V

3 weeks later
It's been three weeks and 4 days since me and Zoey were in the hospital. I have still been over at her house because she insisted I stayed. Also I'm now in this weird boot thing and Zoey is all good. Today I was feeling so happy because I was going to ask Zoey out on a good dinner date. I have been waiting for this for so long since the last dinner date did not go as planned. I was thinking that when she has to go to the grocery store I'm gonna sneak out the house and slide over the front of her car and- why am I thinking about this so hard?! I'm just going to ask her. Okay Mike?

" Is something wrong?" Zoey asked, walking into the guest room.

"No. It's all fine. Would you like to go on a dinner date with me? " I said.

" Of course Mike! " Zoey said " I've been waiting for you to ask me out!"

" Okay then get ready and let's get going. " I said.

An hour later she was ready and we were out the door and in the car.

When we got to the restaurant, we went inside and whenever I looked around, there was at least 25 people waiting on the benches. I went up to the podium and asked the lady how long it would be.

" It's going to be like around 1 hour and a half." The lady said.

"That's ridiculous!!!" I yelled and everyone's eyes were on me.

"Sir just calm down." The woman said.

I took a deep breath and told her our party name and me and Zoey quietly say down.

" Mike, what was that all about?" Zoey asked me with an angry expression.

" I don't know Zoey. I just got upset." I replied.

Zoey just nodded and then laid her head on my lap.

2 HOURS LATER

The lady had finally called our name and we were lead to a two person table. I pulled out Zoey's chair for her to sit in and then I pushed it under the table. then I took my seat and our waitress was there to ask us what drink we wanted.

" I'll have water please. " Zoey said.

" I'll have water too." I said.

Then the waitress went back into the kitchen and was out with our drinks in 2 minutes. It took about 15 minutes for her to come back and get our order.

" Have you decided on what you want?" The waitress asked.

" Yes, I will have the sirloin. Medium please." I said.

" I'll have the sirloin also but I want mine well done." Zoey said.

" Alrighty!" The waitress said.

25 minutes later, the waitress has still not came out of the kitchen.

" This is taking forever. " I said.

" They will be out in a minute Mike." Zoey said.

As soon as Zoey said that, the waitress was coming out of the kitchen with our food. She sat the food on the table and said " Enjoy!"

I was halfway done with my meal when the waitress handed me the check. I looked at the price and almost fell out of my chair. Good thing that Zoey wasn't looking at me because my face showed that I was worried. I read over the check at least 10 times. I checked my wallet and noticed I was $15 dollars short. I would ask Zoey but I know she didn't bring any money because I told her I would pay.

This is bad, It's going to be yet another dinner date ruined.