Chapter 2

As the end credits of Frozen 2 play, I slide Lilacs head off my lap and onto a pillow.

While I stretch, I look over at the clock and realize I need to check on the macarons.

I walk over to the kitchen and take the macarons out of the oven.

"Wow, these macarons look good. Better than I expected them to. Only because I forgot to let them sit out for half an hour."

I hear a yawn and look over to the couch.

"Hey, mama." Lilac says in a sleepy voice.

"Hey, baby. Sleep well?"

"Yeah. When did the movie end? I wanted to see what happened."

"It ended a few minutes ago. I'm sort of surprised you fell asleep half way into the movie."

"Oh wow." She looks over at the pan of macarons and gasps. She jumps off the couch and runs over.

"Are those the macarons!?" She asks and touches one.

"Be careful, they're hot. Don't they look good though?"

"Of course they look good. I'm the one who made them. Duh."

"Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot you're the best baker in this house." I roll my eyes.

"It's okay. We all make mistakes." She says and pats my lower back.

"What time is it anyways?" Lilac asks

"It's 6:50. We need to tidy up and set the table."

"Okay! You do that while I pipe the frosting onto the macarons." She says and hops onto the step stool.

"Nuh uh. We are doing it together."

"Okay, fine. If you say so, mama."

                                 ~~~~~~

By the time we finish setting the table, garnishing the food, and tidying up; it's 7:45.

After placing the last fork down, I feel someone poking me. I look down to my right and see Lilac holding two stuffed animals.

"Can you play with me, please?"

"I'd love to, sweetie." Good thing we have time to ourselves before Emma and Noah arrive.

After about 10 minutes of running around with stuffed animals in our hands I hear a knock at the door.

I open the door to see Emma and Noah. Lilac runs out the door and hugs them both.

"You guys came!" Lilac jumps up and down clapping her hands. Gosh, I love her.

"Of course we came. You thought we were just gonna stay in Arizona?" Noah says and Emma laughs with Lilac.

"Hey Lea! I can't believe we found such a nice apartment for a good price!" Emma says as she hugs me.

"I know right? To be completely honest, I thought we wouldn't be able to." I open the door wider so that they can come in.

"Dang, this is a good place. I should let you guys do the planing all the time." Noah jokes

"Yeah, I don't think so. I mean I'm glad you trust us that much, but I am a busy person." I say as I lead them to the kitchen.

Noah and Emma sit down at the table. As Lilac gives Emma a bracelet and fruit snacks, Emma smiles.

Emma's favorite snack is fruit snacks. Doesn't matter what brand or flavor. She just likes fruit snacks. Lilac also enjoys fruit snacks, so I don't have to spend as much. Saving money is always music to the ears when you're a college student.