Small kit big destiny

A/N: I know this is a time paradox with echobreeze's power so don't

~~~~~~~~~~~

Silvereye’s POV...

    Rain soaked my pelt heavily but I kept my discomfort in the back of my mind knowing full well that I need to check for any signs of flooding as Lonestar asked. A cry of agony made me stop in my tracks. I listened straining my ears listening to the loud roar of the rain. Despite the sound of the crashing water small mews caught my ears and I followed them. As I reached my destination I came upon a horrifying sight. A young white she cat stabbed through the chest by a broken tree branch with a just out of nursing kit wailing at the sight. The she cat looked at me her eyes clouded with pain.

    “Young warrior please care for my daughter, *cough*, but please wait till her sixth moon to bring her to them. She is a special one and if she were to be brought there she might not be who she’s destined to” she said with a struggled breath. “Thank you for seeing me off” she sighed a pained look on her face and closed her eyes. Shocked I looked at the small kit, I’ll own up to her mother’s wishes I thought picking her up by the nape.

    “c’mon littlekit I’ll take you somewhere dry” I said trotting in the direction of the rowan berry grove.

Later...

    I placed littlekit in the den I had dug moons ago for a game of hide and seek during my apprenticeship. doing my best to block out the cold and rain I curled around her licking at her fur to keep her dry. She had stopped crying a while back and I was glad hoping that the kit would be distracted by the purring I was using to soothe her to sleep. Once she had fallen completely asleep i took the liberty of doing so myself.

Mourning...

    I was awakened by the sound of a wood mouse’s scuffling and peered outside the makeshift den to see it nibbling on a seed. Quickly I snatched from in front of me and placed it in the den next to littlekit.

    “wake up littlekit could you eat this while I get some dry moss” I told her as I went to the spot in the grove that had the most moss. After I gathered the moss I made sure that it was safe for me to leave Littlekit on her own. I made sure that all scents of predators were stale and took extra measures by placing some brambles at the entrance to insure that nothing could get in or out. Happy with my work I prayed to Starclan that she would be okay for at least an hour while I reassured everyone I was fine.