Chapter 20

~ Meanwhile ~

I nod to Professor Connor and he signals his Warriors to dig the grave. It hurts to see that my daughter's resting place was being disturbed but it is an important thing to be done.

I am hoping to see her bones laying on her casket. That she is sleeping here in silence and not the one causing us trouble. I hold my breath as they dig deeper until they reach a hard surface. Her casket. They pulled it out.

"Professor." Professor Connor turned to me asking my permission to open it.

I inhale deep before I nod again. When they open it up, a black smoke comes off it and we are suddenly surrounded by Shallows. We heard an evil laugh in the air. I grip my ripper and aimed for the Shallows.

Professor Connor and the Warriors did the same thing. The casket was empty. And just like twenty years ago, I was condemned by my daughter's desire again.

"Father," I heard her voice. I look around but there was no sign of her in the place. "Did you regret not killing me?"

Her laugh echoes in our surrounding while we stay alert in our stunt. We don't know where she is and where she would attack.

"Not now, Father." she said in the air again. "It is too soon. But I will leave a souvenir."

Then out of nowhere a dagger emerges in the air and pierced one of our Warriors. He wince in pain. Professor Connor was about to pull out the dagger when I notice something engraved in it. It was a dragon embracing a skull.

"Don't pull it. He will die immediately and turns into bones."

I pointed Professor Connor the engraved symbol on the dagger. He recognized the symbol.

"Carry him and be very carefully not to touch the dagger." He puts his forehead on the Warrior's while gripping his head. "Hang on there, Warrior. You will be save soon."

"Let's go!"

~ Auryn ~

"I am not weak anymore!"

I shout back to him. I am fighting my best not to be slain in my training, yet, he still calls me weak. I am better now. Chancellor Barnabee stays silent letting us to talk in our own.

"Fighting a Spirit Guardian does not make you strong!" He snarls back at me. A gush of wind hit us hard. It's as if the strong blow of the wind matched his grimace.

Why is he so harsh on me? Everyone tells me I'm getting stronger and I'm striving in my training even if it's draining me out. He's still not accepting me as his Warrior. Do I need to prove myself more?

"It is just your opinion." I wipe the tears in my eyes. I won't give him another reason to call me weak. "Your opinion will not define me."

"Huh! My opinion will tell you whether I accept you as my Warrior or not." He put emphasis on the word opinion. "And my opinion is you are still weak."

"You run away when you saw your family being murdered. You did nothing but to run away." He said bringing back the pain in my wounded heart. "You let your fear to cower you. You even thought of surrendering your life. And now your telling me you are not weak?"

His words are taunting me. My own words replaying in my head like an old song in a tape.

I am not brave.

I am not strong.

I am afraid.

I can't do anything.