chapter 1

The piercing sound of my alarm clock brought me back from the dead of sleep. I groaned and slammed my hand on the snooze button as I wiggled and stretched within my cosy, warm bed. 

As parts of my body were gradually turning on, I realised today was my first day of my sophomore year. A sigh escaped my lips as I flipped over and looked at the time. 

It was 6:30, I knew I had to get into the shower because knowing Biana, she will probably come knocking on my door with a suitcase full of makeup and clothes any minute now. 

 I unwillingly got out of bed and ran into the shower. Right now I live in Los Angeles. I was originally born here, but we moved to Florida five years ago because of my dad's job. I have one friend here (thank god) who I stayed in touch with because we have been best friends since kindergarten. Her name is Biana. She has teal eyes and long brown hair and for sure is one of the prettiest girls I have ever met. Unfortunately, she always wants to give me a makeover, but I love her and she is literally my only friend who has always been there for me . 

Snapping me out of my thoughts, my phone rang just as I was getting out of the shower. I quickly put my robe around me and answered.

"SOPHIE!" Biana yelled through the phone

"omg biana you just broke my eardrums, whats up?" I asked, pulling the phone away from my ear.

"Welllllll since it's your first day of school, I thought I should help you get ready !"

I smiled to myself at how well I know her. I could tell she was excited through the phone and would not be letting this go and that is the only reason I said yes. (too all the boys i love before reference haha :))

"Fine biana, but pls-" I began, but was cut off by her ending the call and by my doorbell ringing. 

I ran down stairs, fumbling to tie my robe, to meet my mom talking to Biana and her holding a huge bag which I can only presume is full of makeup and clothes.

"Biana, how did you get here so fast !" I asked from the stairs

"Sophie, yay! Thank you for letting me come so early, Edaline!" She said ignoring my question, as she hugged my mom goodbye, and ran up the stairs pulling me with her while somehow dragging her huge bag as well.

"Sophie, why are you still in a robe? we talked about this! I have so much work to do!" Biana exclaimed, as she pulled me in the bathroom and started to brush and dry my hair.

I don't know how but she was able to blow dry my hair and curl it in 20 minutes. Then she did my makeup in 15. She picked out this outfit for me:

Which I didn't mind that much because it was comfortable

Which I didn't mind that much because it was comfortable. I looked in the mirror and I actually really liked what I looked like, it was simple, comfy, and cute.

"sophie ! we have to go, we are gonna be late!" she said after fixing her lip gloss and grabbing her backpack,

 "okay, okay lemme just get my coffee," I said while grabbing my backpack and white slip on shoes, stumbling down the stairs.

 I grabbed my coffee from the fridge and ran out the door, quickly yelling goodbye to my parents, as I started walking to school with Biana.