Of

I was super uneasy as Dad sat me down at the dining table. It kind of looks like we're in a business meeting.

Dad was already waiting for me in the dining room. He's home early...

"You're making me worried" I joke a little as I uncomfortably laugh.
"Nothing to worry about" Dad brushes me off.

"So...my future" I start and Dad nods.
"You're going to the physical exam for your military service tomorrow" Dad dives in the deep end.

"T-tomorrow? Isn't that a bit too soon? I still have a few months of school left" I say with wide eyes. I wasn't surprised or shocked for the military part. I knew it was coming, I just didn't think it was happening this soon.

"We want to get all paperwork out of the way" Dad says.
"Right..." I breath out. It's ok. I've been expecting this.

"When you finish your two years, you'll have a place in the best University. I'll sort everything out for you" Dad continues. I don't even want to think about University...

"I appreciate it, Dad, I really do but can I please take a break after my military service?" I ask.

Suga has me thinking on what I want to do. I haven't figured it out yet, but hopefully I'll have it figured out by then.

Dad gives me a face.
"And do what?" He asks.

"I don't know yet. But I'll have a fresh mind once I enter university" I say with a small smile, trying to be polite. I'm trying to win his favor and being rude isn't the way to go.

Dad thinks about it.
"...I suppose you could" Dad sighs out and I smile.

"But the next year you're going straight to University and you have to apply for yourself. You have to do everything yourself, but I will pay" he strictly says.
"It's a deal" I say as I hold out my hand. He shakes it.

"Then after University, you will be working for me until I retire. Then I will give my position to you if I think you can do it" he continues.

"Now your personal life, I want you to be married after University so I want you to keep in contact with Solar. Women loves letters so send her letters while you're in the military" Dad continues, not realising my wide eyes.

"Wait wait wait. Hold up. You can't force stuff like this" I say. He shouldn't be able to control this part of my life.

"Why not?" Dad asks, squinting his eyes.
"That's not how it works" I say. I'm not getting short with him because he already agreed to a year of freedom.

"You will get married or I will arrange one for you" Dad says as a matter of fact.

"Why do want me to get married so badly?" I ask.
"It will get you out of that playboy habit" Dad starts and I pull a face. Did my father legit just call me a playboy? I haven't even been one. I'm only dating because he told me to.

"And it will create a great family image for the company and towards others" Dad continues.

Right-I forgot his image is everything. I take a moment to think of it.

I'm eighteen now. Military service will take two years. I will have a break for a year and University won't take longer than four years.

So I'll be twenty five. I guess it's a fine age to get married. I just need to find someone before Dad does.

"And that's it. See, nothing to worry about" Dad says as he stands up, giving me a pat on the back as he walks away. I bury my face into my hands. I need to call RM.