Popular Actress Award: Seo Ye Ji

The time came when the announcers announced the winner of the "Popular Actress award" and Soo Hyun cheered loudly in the car.

Ye Ji adjusted her dress and stood up confidently as she walked to the stage taking extra care as she walked up the steps. She flashed a smile and bowed as she received the flowers and her award. She stood in front of the microphone before introducing herself, not knowing that she was using the shorter microphone.

"Hello, I'm Seo Yea Ji."

The announcer politely interrupted to tell her to use the other microphone.

"Opps, I must have forgotten one of the things that Manager Ryu told me about!" she thought to herself, flashing her beautiful eye smile.

"Thank you for inviting me to Buil Awards 2020. To all the staffs who worked hard, thank you. Also, I know that a popularity award is something given by fans. Our Yeji Yechan, Yeyes, Yejgall, International Yeyes, thank you very much."

When she finished her speech, she stood away from the microphone holding her award and whispered some words before leaving the stage.

Manager Ryu came to her and passed her the Alexander Mcqueen Jacket. Ye Ji heaved a sigh of relief, knowing that the nerve wrecking session was over.

"I have to pass this to you before Mr Kim starts texting me again! He has been texting me non-stop!" said Manager Ryu.

Ye Ji was pleased to know that her 'Mr Kim' was keeping a lookout for her even from a distance. She was thankful that Manager Ryu who worked with Soo Hyun for the past 10 years was the reliable middleman in their relationship. "Sorry for troubling you," she apologised. "You lovebirds owe me a ton! Gold Medalist better give me a big bonus for this!" he exclaimed.

She laughed and walked back to her seat, feeling more at ease that she can finally wear the jacket and not be seen as disrespectful to the designer of the gown. Besides, it was getting cold in the theatre. She could feel the warmth, not from the jacket, but from Soo Hyun who sent Manager Ryu to pass her the jacket. She could smell his cologne on the jacket as she wrapped herself in it. It was as if a part of Soo Hyun was with her till the end of the ceremony.

Soon, the ceremony came to a close, and the awardees were gathered on stage to take a group picture. After the photos were taken, Ye Ji was ushered to do a post-award interview where she thanked her fans and showed her gratitude again.

She thanked the staff for their hard work and proceeded to follow Manager Ryu to the changing room. She changed into a white t-shirt and jeans, what she felt most at ease in. Feeling relieved and happy that the ceremony was over, she walked out with a spring in her step. What added to that happiness was knowing that there was someone waiting for her to celebrate. She couldn't wait to see him, to show him the award and to be in his arms.