Sage Reborn

It was a normal day in the village hidden in the leaves, well except for one Uzumaki Naruto. He was being chased by a mob that lost their loved ones during the Kyuubi's attack and blame Naruto for their deaths. He almost lost them but it seems that fate had something else in mind as he was intercepted by 3 Chuunin and dragged into training ground 44 otherwise known as "The Forest of Death". When they were finally in a decent distance where no one could hear them, they started to beat Naruto's poor 7 year old body, they kept this up until he was in a pool of his own blood "Hey come on, Let's go and leave the animals to eat him before the ANBU come" said one of the Chuunin, they all agreed and left quickly, afraid of being sent to Ibiki.

"I'm so sorry Kit" A deep voice within our favorite 7 year old's head said sobbing "It's okay Kurama nii-san I know they're just afraid because of what happened 7 years ago". Yes Naruto Knows the Kyuubi, he met him when he was 5 years old and instantly became friends because Naruto understood that he was being controlled by those "Damned monkey eyes" or in other words the Sharingan. Safe to say Hiruzen nearly had a heart attack when he found out.

Right now Naruto was about to go home but he suddenly felt a voice calling out to him so he did what any curious child would do, he followed the voice. It led him into a cave with that had a sword laying on something that looked like a throne. He felt a pull so he went to the sword. When he was finally near it he blacked out.

He found himself in his mindscape and went to Kurama and was shocked when he saw someone floating there in front of Kurama's cage sitting in a lotus position while levitating "Hello Child" Said the random person, He had White hair, a black staff and was wearing a white yukata with black tomoe's around the neck area "Um hello, My name is Naruto, what's yours and how did you get in my mind?" questioned Naruto "I am the Sage of Six Paths and I have deemed you worthy of being my successor".

Naruto was shocked, he knew who the Sage was thanks to his Jiji (Hiruzen) reading him stories about the Sage but he only thought that he was a myth like everyone else did, but clearly they  were wrong. "What do you mean you deemed me worthy of being your successor?" asked the confused blonde "It is exactly as I said, I deem you worthy of being the second Sage of Six Paths" of course his young self did what anyone would do in a situation like this... He fainted.

After 20 minutes he woke up and said "Wow that was a weird dream" he looked around and saw the same man from his dreams and  behind him was 4 people and Kurama, These people were Senju Hashirama, Senju Tobirama, Uchiha Madara and Uzumaki Mito. Hashirama, Madara and Mito were talking about random stuff, and Tobirama sitting in a corner crumpled in a ball with a little raincloud on his head while muttering 'stupid uchiha' "Unfortunately young one you weren't dreaming as it was all real" the sage said "um okay so what are we gonna do now?" the Sage spoke "Okay this is how this works, Uzumaki Naruto, I have chosen you as my successor because I know that you will bring peace to the world but not the way you are now, that is why we will train you to be strong enough to obtain peace, Do you accept of this duty?" Naruto thought about it and remembered one time when his Jiji explained what it meant to be a Shinobi.

FLASHBACK

"Hey Jiji, what does it mean to be a shinobi?" A 5 year old Naruto asked the Hokage "Why the sudden interest my boy?" Hiruzen asked "Well, It's because I wanted to be a shinobi but I never really understood what being a shinobi meant" the old Hokage was shocked to see that Naruto asked a very mature question that no child, a 5 year old no less, would ask a "Well let's see, being a shinobi means protecting your village and your loved ones even at the cost of your life, a shinobi means being someone who is willing to sacrifice they're happiness for just to be able to know that they were able to protect the people precious to them, does that answer your question my boy?" "Yes Jiji" he smiled softly "What is it my boy?" Naruto looked at him in the eyes and said "Jiji, I want to be a shinobi, I want to be able to protect you and those that are precious to me so they can smile more even if I'll uhh, what was the word" he adopted a thinking pose, then after a few seconds "oh right, so they can smile more even if it costs me my life" he said with a bright smile. Again the old Hokage was shocked because of the maturity of this child in front of him because most kids his age just want to learn cool jutsu "Alright my boy" the Hokage said with a small smile.

Naruto then asked something that made the Hokage wonder if the boy front of him was truly a 5 year old "Jiji, why do people go to war?" the old Hokage sighed and explained "Well my boy, it's mostly because the other villages want power" Naruto looked sad then gained a look of determination "Then I'll become strong so people won't have to fight again" Hiruzen looked shocked at the boys determination to bring peace to the world "then know this my boy, you will have my support in that goal of yours" Naruto smiled brightly again then left to go home 'Minato, Kushina you would be proud of what your son has become' thought the old hokage

FLASHBACK END

"I accept" Naruto said without a hind of hesitation "Good, now we begin your training" after the Sage said those words Naruto woke up and took the sword and went home. When he got home his thoughts went back to what the old Sage said and knew that his life would change.