Welcome to R. Peer Grimm and Team

She sat in a big old seat made out of brown leather, that already showed signs of long use. The edges were scratched and it matched the wrinkles of the elderly woman in a way. Her grey hair was put up in a small bun on top of her head and her eyes were closed.

She radiated a sleepy energy and my breath became as calm as hers, as my steps carried me towards her.

Slowly and with one fluent move I pulled out the scythe from the inside of my coat, expanding it in my hand.

I watched the woman carefully and saw the thin line of glimmer shine just underneath her skin, the thread that ran through every human's body. It laid unseen and invisible for mortal eyes, without the gift of the third eye, some fortunetellers had.

I breathed in, focused on the sleeping woman and swung the sharp blade of my scythe through the shining thread in her body.

Her breathing stopped.

Yes, I was a murderer.

I was the greatest mass murderer the world had ever seen. I was death.

Well, okay, I wasn't exactly death, but still part of the company lead by my boss the grim reaper.

I was one of the thirteen Reapers working for him, to end lives of people all over the world and send their souls away. My jobs for tonight were set in Europe, America and one last minute suicide somewhere in a big city in China.

It was all planned perfectly, but sometimes people made unforeseen decisions or changed their minds and this lead to either cancelling a job or getting one last minute, like said suicide in China.

However, death was inevitable and sooner or later everyone got visited by a Reaper.

The old lady in her little self-knit jacket, and the open book resting in her lap, had died the moment my scythe cut through the thread in her body. It now hung loosely to the floor, sparkling in a violet and blue shimmer.

It left no visible scar or scratch on the body whenever I took someone's life, nor did the people even feel being cut. The one thing that made a difference was the thread.

As long as it was undamaged, it gave it's holder's soul enough energy to stick to the body it was given and to keep it in this dimension.

After I cut it, the energy went off to the doorway between the worlds, where the souls would be prepared for their journey into the other dimension, just like the elderly woman's soul did now.

I sighed and pulled the hood of my black coat down. My job was done for tonight and I was ready to head back home, all the way from this woman's house in Utah to New York City.

For a human it would have taken hours and maybe even days, depending on the method of transportation, but not for an immortal reaper like me.

I swung my black scythe through the air and cut through it, creating a gap in the dimensional fabric.

On the other side I could see the dark alley I usually chose to land in, so no one would be too suspicious about someone suddenly stepping out from nowhere.

I said goodbye to the dead woman's body, while I stepped through the gap and arrived in the dawning evening streets of New York City.

Quickly, I put my scythe away into the inner pocket of my coat, that contained some other weapons shrunken by Reaper magic.

I waited a few seconds, before stepping out of the dark and small alley, in which garbage bins and other old junk rotted till eternity.

I walked straight over the close to empty street and went up the three large steps made from dark grey stone.