|03| Gotham Academy

P E R C Y

Tapping my fingers on my thighs I let out an annoyed huff.

Who was I annoyed at?

Myself

and my stupid life decisions that eventually led me here, the mortal version of hell

also known as Gotham Academy, but it doesn't have the same ring to it

"I can't believe I actually agreed on doing this!" I frustratingly whispered to myself, balling my hands into fists and grabbing hold of the thin fabric of my jeans. No, I'm not crazy.

"Are you alright miss?" I jumped a bit at my butler Wilfred's voice.

.•*Flashback*•.

"So..." I started "First of all, what do you want me to do?" it might've been dumb to agree just like that, but meh that's me

Zeus cleared his throat and intwined his fingers. Here it comes...

"We need you to go to Gotham, and attend Gotham Academy." I pouted "Later is only not to raise suspicion"

"But I can just say, I'm being homeschooled!" I argued "That's not the point. You're 17, it would be suspicious if a 17 year old girl wouldn't go to school and socialise. Gotham is not a place where 'homeschooling' is spread, either you go to school, or you're too far gone" Zeus shot me a stern look.

Aww, shitaki mushrooms!

"Your whereabouts have been taken care of. A family that goes by the name 'Scarlet' officially adopted you. But beware, they're mortal so no demigod stuff when you're in their sight, understood?" I nodded my head.

"But let's get to the point..." Zeus sighed and ran a tired hand through his hair. It looked like he just aged another 20 years. "The mist that covers the mythical world from the mortal word, has started to fall. All over the world people have started to witness monsters and demigods fighting, realising things are not how they were before...The world has started to become an uncontrollable mess. And we must act before it's too late. Gotham, being the place were it all started, is our priority. Eliminating problems from their roots has always shown to be the most affective."

oh, dam

"Alright... anything else I need to know?" I questioned a bit unsure.

Zeus glanced at Athena.

"There are a few people who you must avoid at all costs. No questions asked" she spoke with such authority that I didn't even bother "Bruce Wayne also know as Batman and his so called sons Red Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing and Robin. But never, under any circumstances, make it look suspicious! Your mission is to find the source of why the mist is starting to fail. Stop it before it is too late. Remember, if you ever need help, call us and we shall aid you as long as it is in our power. Otherwise you can seek Diana Prince out. She is a daughter of Zeus." Athena spoke and glanced at her father sharply.

I nodded my head, that wasn't too hard to get

"Ok, so basically" I started "I will get 'adopted' by some mortal family, who aren't aware of who I am. Well, more like what I am..." I cleared my throat "Then I have to do some detective work and find out why the mist is falling... and avoid these Wayne's. And on top of THAT I have to go to Gotham Academy." I summarised grumpily.

Ugh, kill me now

"Everything clear?" Zeus asked.
"Yes" I replied and chewed on my bottom lip. "When will I have to pack my bags?"