November 01, 2020

(Sunrise at the Rivera Complex...)

Miguel Rivera: (Wakes Up and hears his phone ringing) Feliz Dia de los Muertos Alicia!

Alicia Rivera: Hola Miguel! I'm sorry that we are still in a pandemic. My family and I are getting ready and I've got an amazing idea.

Miguel Rivera: What is it mi amor?

Alicia Rivera: We all can celebrate virtually and have a virtual mariachi plaza in our homes!

Miguel Rivera: That sounds great mi amor.

Abuelita Elena: Miguel!

Miguel Rivera: My Abuelita is calling me. ¡Hasta Luego, Alicia!

Alicia Rivera: ¡Hasta Luego, Miguel!

Abuelita Elena: ¡Buenos Días Miguel! Since it's is Día de los Muertos, we have thought about watching some movies related to the holday.

Miguel Rivera: Are those films about the Día de los Muertos that took place for our ancestors?

Abuelita Elena: ¡Sí, Miguel! We need to get the meals ready for the family as we watch these films.

Miguel Rivera: I can't wait to learn more about Mamá Imelda's previous Día de los Muertos!

???: I'm glad that Héctor has gotten the chance to visit us even during a pandemic.

Miguel Rivera: Rosa?

Rosa Rivera: ¡Hola Miguel! I heard that we are going to watch some films of this holiday from our ancestors perspective. I can't wait to discover more about Mamá Imelda's life and death, even when she was young.

Miguel Rivera: I've got to tell Socorro.

(At 8:00 AM with Socorro...)

Miguel: (While entering Socorro's bedroom...) ¡Feliz Día de los Muertos, Socorro!

Socorro Rivera: ¡Hola Miguel! So is Abuelita getting movies

Miguel Rivera: Yes, Socorro. Abuelita is preparing the projector for the films, maybe we should check on the ofrenda. (Heads to the ofrenda room with Socorro).

Socorro Rivera: I can't believe that we get to see Papá Héctor after another year, Miguel.

Miguel Rivera: It's been 2 years since Papá Héctor has been able to cross the bridge, the dead families can visit the living families even during the coronavirus pandemic

(The cousins come to the ofrenda room)

Abel Rivera: I know that a lot of people in the Land of the Living need to practice social distancing but, we have been quarantined here at home.

Rosa Rivera: Abel is right. Our deceased relatives will be okay. We will still take the necessary precautions.

Benny Rivera: So, will we get to do music and shoe making?

Manny Rivera: Sí, Benny, we have been able to do it for dos años

???: ¡Díos Mío! No way!

Rosa Rivera: Who is that?