A Hundred Feet

A hundred feet.

That's how tall the building was.

Marinette felt her heartbeat thrumming, beating like a graceful hummingbird's. But she was feeling far from a far-flying creature.

"Marinette," Lila's sinister voice echoed. It disappeared as fast as it came, whooshing away with the violent wind.

She could feel the wind whip her red cheeks, and she looked up from her feet. Lila stared at her, anger pulsing angrily like a furious bull, ready to charge. The brunette's sausage-like ponytails flew apart to allow Marinette to see how truly angry Lila was, her vile bronze face twisted and contorted.

"Come here. Now," Lila whispered, but the wind somehow carried it to Marinette's ears, urging her to comply. She didn't know what was wrong with her, but Marinette hesitantly walked over to Lila, silently staring into the olive green eyes, hooded with hate.

"I'm going to push you off the edge," Marinette flinched, "And you're gonna scream as loud as you can. To make vengeance even sweeter."

Lila gripped Marinette's arms, and the ravenette viewed just how far she could- would fall. "Any last words?"

Marinette turned her head to look at Lila, giving her a sad smile. She then turned to the sky, taking her last glance at the sunrise, and the pink-orange-purple clouds, and the early birds with silver wing-tips.

Lila growled, and she pushed. But that second, Marinette uttered the words, "I forgive you."