Chapter 27: May I?

LEXA POV
I wake up feeling so happy. I look at Clarke cuddling to me, her face on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her. I didn't want to wake her up yet, I wanted to appreciate the view. My Clarke sleeping soundly with her golden blonde hair. I look at the clock and it's 9:30 am. I gently stroke her back and she shifts.

Clarke: Hmm, five more minutes.

Me: It's almost 10, princess. I thought we were leaving at 10?

Clarke jolts up. and I just chuckle.

Clarke: We're going to be late! Come on.

Clarke and I quickly change. We head downstairs and just grabbed the fruit that was on the table.

Clarke: We have to go. We're going to be late. Bye everyone!!!

I just laugh at Clarke but I ran with her. We started driving and parked at this building that looked like a house.

Clarke: Okay so, for years, I've been coming to this building during this time of year. I was always alone. My parents had to go to work and Raven always bonds with her mom. They always ask me but I decline since it's not all the time they see each other. So I'm bringing you here not to make you feel bad or anything, it's just they offer things we want to do. Like music and art and food.

I chuckle at Clarke's rambling.

Me: Hey hey, calm down. Whatever you planned, I know it's amazing.

Clarke: I know it will be because I've been enjoying coming here for years. It's just, you might get disappointed. I know this is our first date and well, this is not first date worthy. And I'm not blessed with money as much as you, I can't bring you to expensive restaurants and I can't buy you expensive gifts. Heck I can't even buy you a flower or chocolates.

I kiss Clarke to shut her up. She's rambling and I find it cute.

Me: Hey I don't mind even we eat in a dumpster

Me: Hey I don't mind even we eat in a dumpster. You're all I want, Clarke. Flowers or no flowers, it's okay. I just want to be with you.

Clarke: Hmm yea. I could bring you to a great restaurant but I kind of used all of my savings to buy Bellamy's family tickets to San Fran. Thank God your parents declined my offer cause I didn't know where I'd get the money.

I chuckle at how caring Clarke is to everyone she cares about. She doesn't care about herself. I step out of the car and smile at her.

Me: Now come on, let's go have a date.
--------------------------------------

CLARKE POV
Today, I'm bringing Lexa to one of the places I usually go, especially this time of year. Before we went in, I told Lexa that this place is special to me. She was more than happy to come with me and it warms my heart.