Penumbra X Male Reader

"Wait ! What are you doing!? Aren't you just going to send me to prison ?! Are you even a hero!?"
A supervillain backed into a corner confronted by a vigilante
"Prison? No, hell knows you'll just try and escape again and not learn anything. A hero ? Also No. at least not from your point of view."
With that, you shot the supervillain dead. Almost immediately afterward you could hear police sirens in the distance outside the building you were in. You darted out the exit into the night, and you retreated into a forest not looking back. The police arrived to the crimescene and discovered the body of am at large supervillain shot and left for dead, along with a logo graffitied on the wall.
"They've struck again ! That vigilante scum is still out there boys!"
The next day You had made it back to your hometown Atreno City seeing your apartment complex in the Atreno hotel. You were in a casual day outfit instead of your usual black or dark clothing when in your vigilante persona. Nothing in particular interesting was going on, you heard recent news about another at large supervillain Penumbra from a recent attack with Atreno's number 1 hero Sunblast. You got on your laptop and researched everything you could find on this Penumbra woman.
Penumbra or "Penelope" was born on December 28, 1981. While nothing is known about her childhood, but was most likely a genius, presumably at the age of 15, given that in 1997 she was already attending Atreno University.
In June 10, 1997, Penelope published her first doctoral thesis titled "Development and Application of a Plasma Surface Ultraviolet Radiation Reflector Adapted to the Protection of Continental Glaciers," and was supervised by Professor Jared H. Judd. 6 years later, it was presumably unsuccessful as she published again on June 10, 2003, now supervised by Professor Abby H. Judd, likely a success, as she earned the title "Doctor".
In 2000 and at the age of 18, Penelope worked for Shi-Bo inc., whose was Doctor Minato Pappeto. A picture is seen having Penelope and Yukito Pappeto, the son of the CEO of the company. Possibly friends with the CEO's son who studied together. During this time, she worked on a project that was mentioned in his thesis, "The Environmental Glacier Protector Cloud."
On May 25, 2005, and at the age of 23, she presented her project at Shi-Bo's science fair at Atreno University. The device, however, suffered from a malfunction from unknown reasons which cause it to explode, releasing a strange purple toxic could that spread across North Atreno. But it was finally stopped by one of Atreno's special divisions along with local authorities. However, it affected Penelope who was standing next to the device along with 20% of Atreno's population. This caused her having a condition that became known as "Numbra Disorder", which Penelope her villainous identity "Penumbra" and started researching on finding a cure for her condition and ways of covering the sun so she wouldn't burn.
On June 21, 2005, 5 years passed after the incident, Penelope's contract was terminated by Shi-Bo Inc, due to that the company was unable to release ownership for Penelope's work and investigations without compromising themselves.
Two months later, on July 22, 2005, Penumbra tried to cover the sun again, but failed, presumably stopped by the superhero known as SunBlast.
Three months later, on August 12, 2005, Penelope was ordered by the city to pay them 24 million dollars due to her machine's accident and the development of Numbra disorder spread in 20% of the population.
Then on May 3, 2007, at the age of 25, Penelope, who lived in her condition for over 2 years, was in court for various crimes she committed as her villainous persona, Penumbra. The crimes that were described in two court documents, it was assumed that Penelope did these just to cure her condition by any means necessary, no matter the cost.
You decided you had found enough info on this woman, and decided you would head out to find her tonight.

________

As nighttime came, you suited up and headed out in the night, standing on top of the Atreno Motel scouting the city making sure no cops were nearby. You had found information on where Penumbra's hideout was, and where she went after her recent defeat in the hands of Sunblast, who apparently refused to send her to jail after defeating for whatever reason.
You lurked around in the shadows of Atreno City, careful to not get caught. As you were hiding in the dark alleyway behind a building you heard the sounds of a woman mumbling to herself seemingly frustrated as she walked along the the side street with a umbrella
"S-stupid Sunblast, and his st-stupid fans!..."
you not so subtlety peered your head around the corner with your mask on seeing to your surprise it was Penumbra herself, battered and clearly injured in the fight.
"I'd give anything to have stop bothering...me?"
Penumbra stopped as she noticed a dark figure standing in the side of the building seemingly staring right at her.
Penumbra squinted her eyes trying to make out the figure
"Hello?..."
penumbra gasped and dropped her umbrella when the figure stepped out of the shadows
"The Night Walker?!"
"Penumbra."
You said with a ominous voice modulator on.
"Wait...stop!"
Penumbra backed away as you pulled out a firearm
"Please...no !"
Penumbra yelled and darted into the other direction
"Running away? That's new..."
You then immediately chased after her armed following her around the city catching the attention of minor civilians
"Oh my god, is that Penumbra?"
"And who is that? Is that..it's him ! It's the night walker !"
A civilian shouted after noticing your symbol on your chest.
Penumbra stumbled and almost fell a few times as she tried to lose you in an alleyway and stopped to catch her breath in a dark area sounded by trash cans, as a few stray cats scattered in fright.
Penumbra after catching her breath turned back and saw he was no longer chasing her, in fact he was nowhere to be found as she looked around in various directions.
She wiped her forehead with her purple gloves hand and let out a heavy sigh of relief, placing her other hand on her chest feeling the intense hammering of her heart begin to settle down.
"Thank Atreno. I lost...him??"
Penumbra froze when she heard a woosh behind her.
Penumbra slowly turned around, and saw a black figure with a terrifying mask standing behind her
"Boo."
His modulated voice made her Yelp in fright as she fell backwards and fell over onto a few trash cans causing to fall over and spill on the ground as she stumbled and scooted against the cold brick walls breathing heavily in fear.
"I'm warning you...I...stay back!!"
Penumbra attempted to reach into her pocket for a weapon as you then pulled out your gun and aimed at her. She froze with her eyes locks onto the gun.
"Wait..please, let me explain myself...I'm not who I am!"
Penumbra begged in an attempt to reason
"Do go on.."
You said slowly lowering your gun
"All I want is to finish building my machine to block out the sun, so it doesn't burn me alive!"
"..What now?"
You asked
"M-My condition, see? I had an accident years ago."
"You mean The Numbera Disorder you caused?"
You asked
"I didn't mean to I swear ! I had no idea the experiment would fail as it did!"
Said penumbra
"And you are aware that it infected half the population of Atreno city, causing many people to look like you."
You said
"Yes. Yes, I know! That's why I've been trying and failing to build that machine which that stupid Sunblast destroyed a few hours earlier!"
Penumbra began to stand
"But unfortunately..I learnt that if I was to block the sun, that would be catastrophic disaster for the entire planet. That's when I tried getting a sample of Sunblast's DNA as a cure for my condition...but the problem is, Sunblast is..."
"An idiot?"
You finished her sentence
"I...I have a proposition for you, Night Walker, if you'll hear me out."
Penumbra gulped
"..shoot."
You said
"If I managed to capture Sunblast, I could work his DNA into a cure for my condition. A vaccine more like, and I could vaccinate everyone that's been affected by my very same condition. If successful, I can patent and sell the vaccine and cure everyone. And I can finally live the normal life I once had."
Said penumbra
"......."
".......so?..."
"I'll help you capture Sunblast."
"Really!?"
Penumbra brung her hands together with joy
"Oh, thank you ! I promise you won't regret this !"
She cheered walking forward so overfilled with joy she wanted to hug you, but you out your hand out in front of her stopping her, Penumbra stopped.
"I-oh...right, sorry. Come, my lab is this way."
Penumbra chuckled leading the way. Little did she know you had accidentally pressed your palm against chest.
"Right..."