Darcey X Danki

Darcey sat at a Paris cafe awaiting for their boyfriend to arrive. They waited ten minutes longer than what they would've liked to wait for. They didn't really mind as they stared out at the streets. There wasn't anything spectacular about them. It was a bright day as the sun highlighted the chalk art some children drew. The aura around Darcey was warm as they breathed in the smell of fresh croissants. It smelled like croissants. There was no other wat to put it.

Darcey was wearing a pink skirt with a black and white striped top, and chunky boots had silver strips around the bottom of the heels. Their hair was tied back in a tight ponytail as they looked at a blonde man running. He was clearly in very good shape as he wore normal sweat pants and a black t-shirt. How could Darcey forget how their own boyfriend dresses?

He spotted Darcey from across the street and waved. A slight smile crept upon Darceys face as they lightly waved back. Darcey was still mad at him for being twenty minutes late. He eventually sat in front of Darcey and started apologizing for being late. They practically memorized the same old lines that he's said a thousand times. They could practically already hear what he was about to say.

"Honey I'm so so sooooo sorry I'm late"

Darcey rolled their eyes as they already knew the next line and action. He bowed his head and put his hands together in a pleading way.

"I totally meant to come here earlier! I just-"

Darcey interrupted him.

"Lost track of time and let me guess. You were out with the boys and you just didn't check your phone. Oh! And I'm sure you'll do 'anything to make it up to me'

He was speechless as he only dipped his head down in defeat. Darcey snickered and said.

'It's ok, I could never be mad at you for too long Denki"

Cheering up immediately, Denki flashed his signature bright smile and said the words Darcey heard a million times.

"That's why you're my significant other!"

They sat and talked together for a small bit before the waitress came. She was very attractive and Darcey already knew what was going to happen. Denki would never cheat, but he always looked at other people. They always got into fights about this so Darcey just ignored these sorts of things thinking it's normal. After ordering, Denki started to speak.

"You know I love you right?"

Of course Darcey knew. However, was intrigued by the question. They drawled out thier response.

"Yes?"

"You love me too right?"

Still intrigued by his questions Darcey drawled out their next response.

"Right"

"Would you wanna get married?"

Choking on ice tea, Darcey asked.

"Now?!"

"No, not now. I mean later like however long it takes to plan a wedding"

Darcey was still processing through their thoughts as they felt their brain fuzz up. Marriage? Of course maybe one day. However, they'd only been dating seven months. That's way too early to be making a commitment that big. They had both turned eighteen recently. So maybe it was just Denki wanting to try something new. They could legally get married. Denki was the type of guy to marry his best friend just because same sex marriage became legal.

"Are you serious?"

"Darcey, I'm actually serious about this! We could totally get married."

"Why?"

Denki processed his thoughts for a few seconds.

"Because"

Darcey was dumbfounded by his answer. They didn't know how to respond to him.

"Because what?"

"I don't know just because"

The world didn't stop, but Darcey felt the air get colder as the perfect Paris scene was drifting away. Paris should've been known for its pigeons instead of its Romance. They could not believe that they were being proposed in this way.

"Please tell me you're joking. We're eighteen! I am not getting married to you, well at least for now."

"Why not?"

The waitress came back with their order as Denki smiled at her. Darcey wasn't feeling like the only one in his world at the moment. As their boyfriend was proposing to them while looking at another girl. Darcey couldn't be mad at him though. Damn, he was too hot. When the waitress left, Darcey answered.

"Well first off, we're way too young. Also we're barely making ends meet as it is. And you didn't even propose to me in front of the Eiffle tower, and I don't even look pretty right now!"

"How many times do I have to tell you, you're pretty all the time?"

"Well I don't feel pretty when you look at other girls...."

"Darcey I look at other girls as if they were just random girls. I look at you as my future married partner"

The air was warm again. The world started to brighten itself up. The pigeons flew away to wherever pigeons fly away to. Seriously what the heck do pigeons even do all day? Do they just exist? Are you telling me that pigeons descended from dinosaurs? Like the bird version of a rat descended from a literal god tier animal? I don't buy it.

Pigeons are everywhere man. Like no one comes to the zoo for the pigeon sanctuary. You can make your own pigeon sanctuary by just throwing a popsicle on the ground.

This is nothing against pigeons. I'm just saying that they're just not as God tier as they should be. They're a C tier animal at best. They are literally just the nicer version of a seagull. There is nothing special about them. Oh right I'm writing a fanfiction for my best friend whoopsies.

"I wanna marry you because, you're you! And that makes you great!"

His blonde hair shimmered in the sunlight as he choked on a croissant. He looked like a pigeon as he choked on it. Darcey couldn't help but think that maybe marrying him would actually make their lives easier. They could probably get married at Disneyland and eat croissants and baguettes almost every day. This is Paris so imma stick some clichés here and there.

"I'll marry you if you finish your second croissant faster than I can"

"This why I wanna marry, and am going to marry you because you are going to loose."