05 - Plans and punches. And someone better shut up that drippy faucet

Oh lord, you're an idiot.

"A FIGHT TO THE DEATH!"

Yeah, you're an absolute idiot.

"Um... you sure that 'to the death' is a good idea...?" you tried to talk rationally with Rappa, but you could tell that agreeing to fight him was not your smartest moment.

"That's the way it has to be! Y'know, so that we can see who's stronger" he argued as you both walked through the maze to the gym. Or maybe training center? Someone ought to make a map of this place.

"But you're obviously stronger. Wouldn't it be more fun if you train me first? That way, when we fight for real, it'll be a lot more interesting"

"No way I'm gonna wait that long. C'mon, I'm sure you ain't that weak"

"Believe me, I am. I didn't exactly do much physical training when I was... back in my dimension. At least, not any fighting on the level you're used to"

"Rappa"

You both turned behind you, discovering Tengai. Shit, you'd forgotten about him.

"You're not really going to be fighting the girl, are you?" he asked.

"Why not? She's the one who asked"

"Rappa, you can't just do everything you want. Overhaul is going to-"

"Overhaul is going to what?"

More people came to join your lovely tea party. And, this was none other than the Yakuza leader himself. To his side, there was Chrono. Both stopped immediately at the sight of... well...

...you.

"What is she doing here?" Chrono questioned.

"It's nothing. Rappa was being an idiot again. We're just about to send her back to her ro-"

"Nah, I was 'bout to fight her! Said she was bored and that... uh... some other smart people shit" Rappa turned towards you. "What did you say again?"

"I don't care." Overhaul spat. "Take her back to her room immediately"

"Seriously?" your idiotic streak somehow possessed you again, and your mouth started talking on its own. "What's there to lose? I just don't want to lose my mind, being stuck down here without anything to do. If Rappa trains me, he'll stop annoying Tengai. I'm going to say it again; What. Is. There. To. Lose?"

No one said anything for what felt like hours. Then, Overhaul did something weird.

He pushed you against the wall.

His gloved hands only touched you for a brief moment, but had enough force to propel you backwards. Your back met the cemented wall, and he took another step forward. He was getting insanely close to you, his mask almost touching your nose. His actions would suggest that he was mad, but his amber eyes remained eerily calm.

You could feel your chest heaving up and down, and swallowed nervously. Unconsciously, you had started to cut off your own breathing, in hopes of slowing down your rabid heartbeat. Was he going to kill you? No, he wouldn't get closer if he wanted to kill you, he'd grab a gun and shoot you. The fact that his quirk doesn't work on you must bother him. Maybe he closed the distance between you purely out of habit; he needed to do so to kill people. Yes, that's the only rational conclusion. That he wants to kill your smart-talking ass, and accidentally touched you while forgetting that you're immune.

Only, it's a bit hard to imagine that Overhaul tolerated mistakes, much less his own.

"Listen carefully" his voice was low, deep, and contained a certain assertiveness to it, threatening you into submission. "You will do as I say, or else I will dispose of you. Head back to your room this instant"