Chapter Eight : Dreadful Rain

**This Chapter starts in Draco's POV**

As the cloak drops to my feet, Marla's emerald eyes are fixated on mine. I take a step closer but jump at the sound of the oaf's voice,
"Malfoy! How in the goblets grim did you get here?" He looks to my feet, "How did you get Harry's cloak? And how did you-" he stops as he looks at Marla, "Was that song about him?" His large finger points across the room.
Marla shakes her head,
"And you're the one who-"
"Hagrid I can explain we just-"
"There's no need to explain Marla. You two just need to leave" He sighs as he leads Marla and I to the back door.
"Hagrid this is a bit absurd don't you think?" Marla says taking a backwards, stepping down from the steps.
"I'm sorry Marla but Malfoy shouldn't be here; not now." He hands Marla back her journal.
As he closes the door I can hear Marla huff.
"Hey, I'm sure it's because of the whole Buckbeak thing and he just can't stand to see me." I say stepping aside so Marla can get past me.
"Mmm, yeah I suppose that could be it." She seems embarrassed as she clutches her journal to her chest.
"I really liked what you sang back there," I say softly to let her know there's nothing to be embarrassed about.
"It was stupid, and weird and I'm sure you're embarrassed that I even wrote that I-"
"Marla," I reach for her wrist causing her to look back into my eyes, "I thought it was amazing."
Her eyes soften and her cheeks grow pink, "Really?"
"Really," I say dropping my hand from her wrist, "how many other songs have you got in there about me?" I boast causing Marla to roll her eyes and scoff a little.
"Oh please, don't flatter yourself."
I laugh as me make our walk up the stairs, "Well then, what other songs have you got in there?" I motion towards the journal still clutched tightly to her chest.
She smirks and lets loose of her grip, "They're not all songs Draco," she shakes her head, "Some pages have drawings, some just thoughts I have throughout the day so I don't want to forget," she pauses and looks to me, making sure I'm still listening. "Other pages I write about my day; a memory."
"So it's like your diary?" I try to clarify.
"I wouldn't call it a diary, I'd say it's the story of my life." Marla informs as we enter the bridge.
"Hmm, I don't know Marla, sounds like a diary to me," I tease making her roll her eyes once more.
"Fine, call it whatever you want then." She wittily repiles.
"Hey, in all seriousness, I did think that song was great. I never had a song written about me before." Our shoulders brush one another as we continue the walk over the bridge.
"Well thank you," she smiles, "but don't go getting a big head and think it will happen again."
"I won't, I won't," I put my hands up in defense. She laughs as she shakes her head.
We make it about half way across the bridge when Marla stops as she hears the rain. She gravitates towards the ledge.
As she holds out her hand, there is a moment of silence in which I am about to break but soon Marlas voice sounds,
"Go on," she tells me. I look to her hand realizing what she wants to do.
"I don't want to get wet I-"
"Oh come on," she takes my hand with hers, "you're not going to melt are you?" She teases me as my hand outstretches from of the overhead covering.
As the rain drops hit my hand I look to Marla who seems beyond infatuated with hers. I let out a small laugh, "What ever are we doing right now?"
"Shh," she scolds me, "listen."
"Marla it's just rain I don't underst-,"
"I said hush," She scolds once more.
"Alright, alright sorry." We stand there for another minute before Marla closes her hand and walks back to the middle of the bridge.
"Without rain Draco, nothing ever grows," Marla's voice is light against the sound of the rain.
"You are probably the only person who views rain in that aspect," I inform her causing a smile to form on her lips.
"Well if you view rain as dreadful that is exactly what it will bring you but, if you view it as peaceful, it will bring you just that."
In that moment I knew that Marla held something no one else in my life did; a beautiful mind.

*************************************************
   **This Next part in in Marla's POV**

"Draco come on!" I yell out, standing in the rain, "Run!" I wave him on and he looks down to his feet, holding the cloak over his head for coverage. "Come on!" I exclaim over the rain  as we interlock hands, running for the castles entertance.
We laugh as we leap over puddles and nearly slip in the mud.
"Bloody hell, when did it start raining so hard." Draco asks shaking his head as he pulls the door ajar for me.
"I don't know," I say with a huge smile across my face as I run my hands throw my soaked hair.
"Oui look at me!" Draco whines.
I laugh, "You look like a wet dog." I tease.
"Oh yeah?" He remarks as he tilts his head down, shaking it out all over me.
"Ah! Hey!" I put up my hands for coverage. "Bad dog, bad dog!" Our laughs fill the corridor.
As we start our walk for the Great Hall my teeth start to chatter.
"Ar'You cold?" Draco asks, shaking himself.
"A little," I say making the turn.
Draco looks around and stops a year two Slytherin in the halls, "Oui! Give your rob here!" He sticks out his hand as he waits for the boy to take off his robe. The boy does so quickly, "Good, now go on!" The boys does exactly that and as Draco drapes the robe over my shoulders I let out a laugh,
"Thank you,"
"Oh, yeah," he stammers as he stops besides the door to let me go first, "he owed me anyway."
"Mmm, so you run a pretty tight ship up there at Slytherin head quarters then?" I remark as I grab a cup from off the top of the stack.
Draco snickers, "I guess, I mean most of the younger ones are just scared anyway and do whatever I say." He takes a cup of his own.
"Why do you say they're scared?" I keep eye contact with Draco as I pour a cup of hot tea for the both of us.
Draco shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. They always just look as though they are about to soil themselves every time I open my mouth."
I let out a small chuckle, "I mean you didn't exactly say please when asking for this robe now did you?" I suggest to him.
"Well no but- I mean I guess I never thought of it like that."
"Well then, there's your flaw." I reply.
"My flaw?"
"How many sugars?" I ask Draco, ignoring his confusion.
"Um two is just fine." He shakes his head, "What do you mean by my flaw?" He flows behind me as I walk to a seat.
"What I mean is that maybe instead of just demanding, try asking." I slowly take a sip of the hot tea.
"Demanding?" Draco furrows his brows.
I roll my eyes, "Just drink your tea."
He looks to his cup in his hands, "I don't like tea very much." He states.
"What? You don't like tea?" I asked baffled. He shakes his head. "How do you not like tea!"
"I don't know. I guess whenever I had it, it was when I was little and it was during my parents meetings," he pauses and looks into his cup, "I hated sitting through those meetings." There's a moment of silence before he looks up, "And there was also the fact that the tea my mum made was very bitter-very very bitter." He lets out a small laugh.
"Well here, try mine, mine is far from bitter." I hand him my warm cup and watch as he slowly tilts the cup up to his mouth.
As he takes a sip, his eyebrows raise, "Oh wow," he says placing the cup back into my hands, "That is far from the tea I had as a child," we both laugh.
"See, trust me, I've had myself plenty of bitter teas in my life as well. Do you want another sip?" I offer but he denies.
"If I have another sip I'm afraid my teeth might fall out!"
Our laughters overlap until it is cut short by my name being called.
"Marla?"
"Luna!" I say looking back at Draco whose eyes stay on his hands.
"What are you two doing here I thought Harry said you were at Hagrid's still."
"We were- I mean I was," I correct myself, "But then it started to rain so I head back and then-"
"She ran into me outside, we were just warming up." Draco says standing.
"Draco wait you don't have to go I-"
"See you guys in Astronomy."  Draco says as he walks past Luna and out of the Great Hall.
My eyes follow until he disappears and Luna places herself in front of me.
"Whose robe is that?" She asks with her eyes narrowed.
I look down to the Slytherin robe still draped over my shoulder, "Crickets!" I mumbled under my breath, "I'm sorry Luna I got to go. But I'll see you back in the common room alright!" I call out as I leave her sitting there, confused as I make it through the Great Hall doors.
I quickly moved past people, skimming the crowd to see if I can see Draco anywhere. As I continue my pushing, I repeat the same line, "Excuse me, pardon me, sorry." I make it to the staircase that leads to the common rooms. "Sorry, excuse me," I repeat as I pass people on the stairs, people staring as they notice me.
I catch my breath for a quick second before I spot the blonde hair; I smile in relief. "Draco, there you are I-" as I place my hand on his shoulder and the boy turns around,
"Oui, get your hands off of me," the boy snarls as he slaps my hand off of him.
"Oh my, I'm sorry I thought you were someone else I really didn't-" before I could finish my eye catches someone sitting in the window.
My attention leaves the rude boy and I make my way towards Draco. As I get closer I notice he is watching the rain race down the window.
"Draco," I say softly feeling bad I interrupted. When he does nothing but look at me I shake my head and grab for the robe, "You forgot to take this back." The robe slides off my left shoulder as I hand it back to Draco.
He takes it in his hands, "Oh yeah, thank you." He looks everywhere but my eyes.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask sitting on the bench, my body turned towards him.
He shakes his head to signal that nothing is the matter. "Draco... come on. What is it? Was it Luna-"
"We can't be seen together." Draco' voice his sharp.
"Draco it shouldn't matter that you are a Slytherin and I'm a Ravenclaw, so what, we don't have to-"
"Marla," he cuts me off once more, "every time someone comes around we have to hide; I have to hide."
"I-I never meant to make you feel like you were any less. I didn't think that-"
"It's not your fault." He looks to my hands that are shaking, "we just don't work together."
"What do you mean? Weren't we just having a great time?" I search for his eyes but they look as grey as the sky.
"We just don't work Marla." He repeats.
And with that he gets up, and without a look back, he makes his way down the cold corridor, with the robe dangling from his hand.
As I am left in the drafty window, I look out to the rain running down the chilled glass. I feel a chill run down my spine, maybe Draco was right. I take a deep breath and follow a single rain drop as it falls down the glass.
Maybe he was also right about another thing, the rain does look dreadful.

*************************************************
Hello my darlings! I am so sorry I forgot to make chapters eight and nine public! I feel awful for the wait I put you guys through! two more chapters will be out tonight my loves :) I'm sorry this one is a little short, get excited for the chapters to come!!❤️

I hope all of you are happy and healthy, if you ever need anything, my arms are always open!