As Long As You're Mine

Chapter 10 (Hiccup's P.O.V)

I grew nervous as I approached my dad's hut. I slowly opened the door and walked in "Dad?'' He looks up at me from having his hands in his hands. He clears his throat "Oh. Hiccup....I've been wanting to talk to you'' he said in a low tone. "Me too.'' I replied back to him "Look Dad, I've been thinking about what I did and realized how much danger I could've got my self into'' my dad stood up and walked closer to me "No,no son. You had a reason for doing that and I was just thinking of myself and not what you were trying to do... to keep the village safe'' he said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "Which... is why I want to make you chief.'' I was shocked from what I heard "wait, ME?! CHIEF?!?!'' He smiled down at me "Yes you. You've shown you can handle a lot of things. But there's one thing.. you can't be chief without a wife, son.. but I have a feeling you AND I... know who that should be'' he looked at me in that way and I knew who he meant. Astrid. On the outside I was dead nervous to pop the question to her. But I knew she was the one. "You can do this son. you love her, and she loves you. I KNOW you are able to do this'' I looked up and him and nodded confidently as I left the hut. I found Astrid at the edge of Berk. "So... did you clear things up with your dad?'' She asked as she turned to face me. "Ya I did'' the thing that was rushing through my head was that I didn't have a ring for her. But I knew I didn't need one. Our love for each other was enough. "He asked me something pretty big to.. he asked me to be chief... he also told me that I can't be chief without a wife'' I took her hand and got down on one knee. Astrid's eyes widened as I asked "Astrid Hofferson... will you make me the happiest guy on earth and be my wife?''