CHAPTER THREE.

CHAPTER THREE: THE THIRD TESTIMONY

'Love Club'

"...There's a lot I did wrong. I doubt that there was enough I did right to offset that. Maybe if I had done more right, things would be different. Things would have ended better and you'd have been less heartbroken in the end, and I would be filled with less regret, though I will say the regret is an excellent pain-masker, the only problem is I can't tell which is worse. I'm trying not to ramble because rambling belongs to you, it always will, whether you're next to me or six feet below the ground. My first regret comes from the day after the party; the first genuine lie I told you.

I said I didn't care."

Alex's POV

Burning. A burning in my chest. Pain. Agony. Wires, test tubes, a monitor...

My eyes shoot open and I try to keep my breaths even.

Rolling over, the first thing I register is how comfortable the silk sheets beneath me are. The second thing I register is that I don't own silk sheets. I try not to panic, holding perfectly still; there's probably a good explanation for this...but then again, my memories of last night are splotchy.

I played a game...a drinking game. I ended up in a closet with Draco. Why were we sent to the closet? My eyes open, taking in my dimly lit surroundings. When I stretch, I realize that I'm no longer in my dress. I'm wearing a sweater, and it's extremely soft and smells like mint and fancy detergent.

"Took you long enough to wake up, Alexandria." Oh, shit. "By the way, you're an awful drunk."

I sit up quickly, "What did--"

"We didn't sleep together if that's what you're asking," Draco admits this much too casually, walking towards his bed and sitting down. Was I that intense that he needed to announce that? What did I do? "Much to drunk-you's disappointment, if I'm being honest."

"Haha," I mumble dryly, but my voice is scratchy. Draco's face is steady, calm, and that's when I realize he isn't lying. "Y-you're serious? I made a..." My head is killing me and the dimness of the room no longer feels dim enough, "Move on you?"

He laughs. Actually laughs, "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Um...Alice being the worst, which isn't surprising at all, the game--we played True American...we got sent to the closet...and you...we..." I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to force my brain to let me in. "Oh my god." I groan, "We um...we had to kiss and then we did and--"

"C'mon, finish the story."

I drop my head onto his pillow. It's the softest thing ever and that adds to how annoyed I am. "I'd really rather not."

He's enjoying my embarrassment, this is torture, "Then I'll finish it, in detail--or, if you need a reminder--"

"We kept going," I cut him off, "Past what we needed to do, but right before things escalated--you had the good sense to stop us. I never thought I'd be telling you, you had good sense, oh my god--I'm never drinking again."

Draco laughs, I hear shuffling, and when I go to roll back over, I have to stop because he's sitting right there. "It wasn't that bad...you were a really nice drunk, a little messy but--"

I groan in pain, he laughs like the masochist he is. "Remember anything else?"

"Um..." I pause, "I think I kissed a cut on your hand, which I'm hoping I didn't because that's weird--"

"Oh, you did."

"Great," I mumble, "And then I got really into it--"

"I can't blame you, I'm amazing."