Chapter 3

I woke up and got ready, I didn't have any plans today.

I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see Wanda smiling at me.

"Good morning Luna." She greeted.

"Very good morning Wanda, how are you?" I said as I stepped out.

"Good thank you, had a good night's sleep?" She asked.

"Yeah, thank you," I replied.

"Luna, I'm here to escort you to the meeting hall," Wanda said.

"Meeting hall?" I questioned.

"Yes, the meeting hall as Alpha has asked me to." Wanda smiled and I made a confused face at that.

Why am I needed at a meeting?

"Okay, let me get this," I said as I grabbed my scrunchie and followed her out.

We walked for a good five minutes to the left side of the mansion, and then we stopped in front of a huge door.

Wanda gestured me to go inside and I grabbed the cold gold handles hesitantly before pushing open the door.

As the door opened, I saw a long table with almost ten people sitting around it, in the head seat was Axel.

Our eyes met and he got up, the other people followed suit and got up, smiles on their faces, mostly fake and forced-looking smiles.

The door behind me was closed and I took a look back, and then looked at Axel again.

"Brakhella, please sit." He said to a seat empty next to his.

I walked there and stood at my spot next to him, waiting for him to explain what's going on.

"This is Brakhella Rodriguez, my mate, and Brakhella these are the important people of our pack who are the backbone of it," Axel said and then I got it.

"Good morning everyone." I greeted and everyone bowed as a greeting.

"Malena Prisec." The woman next to me introduced, extended her hand for me to shake and I did.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled in return.

"Likewise." She smiled before Axel motioned everyone to sit back down.

"Now that everyone has seen that your Luna is here, I think we are good now right?" Axel asked everyone.

I didn't understand his question for some reason, but I'm probably overthinking.

Half of them smiled, one of them had the fakest smile ever, it was rather a sinister one.

My eyes were glued to his face for some reason.

He was continuously looking at me with the most devilish smirk.

Axel started talking again but I couldn't focus on what he was saying until I realized that the meeting has ended and everyone got up from their seats.

I followed suit, some of them shook hands with Axel and some with me.

And lastly, that ONE came face to face with me as I was about to walk out of the meeting hall, Axel was occupied with a middle-aged man showing him some papers.

"Luna." The weird man called as I was about to walk past him.

I turned around with a forced smile on my face.

"My apologies, I think I haven't properly introduced myself, I'm Stark Coburn, a good ally of Alpha Desmond." He smiled, offering me his hand.

I placed mine in it, and he pressed a kiss on the back of it whilst looking me in the eyes, I was about to have goosebumps when Axel coughed from Stark's side.