Chapter 5

A/N All characters are Riordan's!

Magnus POV

They needed self-filling plates at Valhalla. I could have like, whatever food I wanted, and I didn't have to hack my way through the line to get to the mashed potatoes. (Honestly, a head in your drink isn't all that hygienic.)

All the cabins sat together for meals. Annabeth led me to the Apollo cabin, since Apollo was kind of like Frey. Sadie and Hearth went to Hecate table, Blitz to Aphrodite, Carter to Ares. Zia went with Sadie, just because. Walt was going to Hades, but that would cause a lot of problems. He just sat with Carter.

"Guys, this is a visitor. He'll be with you're cabin for now."

One of the kids stood up. He had blonde hair and a really good tan. "You were the one who fell on our table." He said.

"Uh, yeah. It was the quickest way to camp." The kid looked troubled, but put on a smile.

"Well, I'm Will Solace, Councilor of the Apollo cabin." Introductions went around the table. There were ten kids. Finally, a pale kid wearing dark clothes introduced himself. He was staring intently at me, which made me uncomfortable.

"I'm Nico di Angelo. Technically, I'm a son of Hades, but I'm allowed to sit with this cheerful lot." He continued to stare at me.

Will smiled. "Yeah, he says if he doesn't sit with his boyfriend he'll have a tantrum, and then the undead will crawl up."

Nico then glared at Will.

"Who's his boyfriend?" I asked.

Will smiled. "Me."

Everyone sat down. They made room for me next to Will. I heard someone whispering.

"They look so alike. They could be brothers."

"They are brothers. Half-brothers, at least." I smiled at this. Ever since I ate the heart of Hearth's dad, (don't ask) I've been able to understand animals. I've also had keener hearing. I can hear a fly buzzing a quarter mile away. It's come in handy, sometimes, if you want to hear what your boy/girlfriend is saying about you.

I piled my plate with falafel. It reminded me of the good old days. I wolfed it down. Why was I so hungry? No idea, but it tasted sooo good. Nico continued to stare at me.

I looked at him. "Do you have a problem, man?" I asked.

He stared right back at me. "I can sense death. You're dead." A jolt of panic went up my spine. Yes, I was dead, but how could I explain that without getting into Norse Mythology?

The Apollo kids were frowning too. "Nico, you mean that he's close to death?" Will asked.

"No. I mean that he is one hundred percent dead, like a corpse, but he looks alive."

Everyone was staring at me now. I was about to say something...but what?

"Maybe he came back from the dead." A girl at the end said. Hannah, I remembered. "Like Hazel, or those guys working for Gaea."

Nico shook his head. "It's not like that. They have an aura of past death, but he has an aura of current death."

How was I going to explain my way out of this one? I sighed. "Okay, yes, I'm dead, but it's not what you think."

"You're a corpse? Somehow in control of yourself? Maybe an eidolon inside something dead?"

"That hurt. Do I look like a corpse to you? Also, I'm not sure that's how eidolons work." Annabeth told me about them when she told me about her quest.

"You're some kind of monster, then!"