thirty eight

_____________

His hair, which often I ran my fingers through

_____________

Kitioma Hadlee

        "Marlene! Stephan! You won't get away with this!" I scream, running through the hallways. I pass dead bodies, but I do not stop to examine them. When did this happen?

A shadow passes me, a hooded figure. I dive into a corner, behind a curtain. A dementor.

Well, I know what happened now. The dementors probably took over the area, either ignoring Tom's demands or taking them to the next level.

They murdered half the school.

The shadow passes and I force myself to keep going. Stephan and Marlene were apart of this. I don't care if Marlene did it to save her brother, she still took part in the mass murder of hundreds of unsuspecting students.

As I pass the great hall once again, I see something that catches my eye. Gagging, I pull up my shirt and try not to step on any of the bodies. They're still in their formal wear.

The Great Hall is eerily silent. The music gone, the only sounds are my whimpers as I try not to step on any bodies. I don't glance down at the pale faces, the half-smiles and terrified, empty eyes.

I step on a hand and a sickening crunch echos into my ear. I freeze before stumbling over to a goblet. My stomach lurches as I vomit into the goblet, tears streaming down my face.

This has to be a dream.

I slide down to the floor, one of the only empty spots left, sobbing. I need to track down Marlene and Stephan, but I can't.

Tom is right, up to this, I've just been a childish teenager who doesn't know how to control her power. I'm immature.

But.

What he wants me to do is sit down and accept my fate that I'm a helpless, immature brat.

No.

I will not let all of these helpless students die in vain. I stand up, wiping my tears away. I will not wait around for some big strong leader to come out of nowhere and baby me into saving this place. No, I will take the damn steering wheel and drive it by my fucking self.

How can I access that power that Tom so desperately wants?

My eyes close as I reach deep inside my mental state. I block out everything else, from the steady drip of the overturned goblets to the memory of the snapped hand echoing in my head.

Ah, Kiki, I see you've finally found me.

My demon smiles, his red tail flicking around, capturing my heart in a black grasp. He craves blood, he craves death, and most of all, he craves to watch Tom Marvolo Riddle's dead body crumble to dust.

My eyes open. I breathe in, breathe out. Then, with a blood-curdling scream that sears me down to my inner soul, I bring out my wand, shooting bursts of red light up towards the Great Hall's enchanted ceiling, causing it to explode in bursts of light.

Dementors flood the room. I face them all with fire in my eyes, the hazy red glow filing my vision again.

"Screw muffin time, it's time for some good old murder," My demon grins, the deadly smile leaking onto my face.

The dementors pause, tilting their heads like dogs facing my smile. One of them hisses, but I am not cold. They do not affect me.

"Kitioma Annette Hadlee," A voice says from the other side of the room. The dementors pause, turning to the voice. My inner demon gets excited, thinking it is finally time to end this.