forty.

_____________

And finally, his touch, which burnt against my body no more

_____________

Third Person

       "Hadlee!" His voice echoes throughout the hall. All movement seems to stop, time seems to freeze at his scream.

The dementors stop fighting, Gabriela's laugh cuts short at his face, and the giants stare as their enemy races forwards, shoving past bodies. He pushes rock and stone to get to her body, which is falling, almost in slow motion, in his eyes.

"Kiki!" Tom breathes, glancing over her body. He falls to the ground on his knees, capturing her body in his arms, resting her head on his lap. Her arms are bruised, her face bloody. A trace of a smile is on her lips as the light leaves her green eyes, her arms and legs going limp. "Kiki, answer me!"

The battlefield goes silent as Tom's mask, after so many years, crumbles, piece by piece, revealing the broken boy with the last name of Riddle.

"Kiki, this isn't funny, answer me God dammit!"

His eyes are filled with disbelief, his hands shaking. His perfectly-trimmed hair is messy, his clothes tattered. The wind flows through his hair, but he is unbreakable, undefeated. He cannot be moved other from the slight shaking in his hands.

He is the picture-perfect symbol of the word shattered.

"I killed her, Tom! I killed her!" Gabriela's voice echos, breaking into his hazy thoughts. "Now she can't ever affect you again. We can continue on with our plans!"

He swallows, hard, putting down her pale body onto the cracked stone, his hands trembling with uncontrollable tremors. "You...."

"Killed her!"Gabby finishes, her voice tiredly filling with pride. "So she can't...she..." She stops when she sees his face. "...Tom? Aren't you...happy? Isn't that what you wanted from the start? To be...to be happy?"

His hand clenches around his wand, every single eye in the battlefield watching him. Not a muscle moves, he doesn't seem to breathe for a second, which seems like an hour. A whisper is only his voice, a whisper that screams so loud, the entire battlefield can hear.

"No."

Gabriela gulps. "N-no? What do you mean-"

"What you don't understand, Gabriela, is that she was never meant to die," His voice is a deadly, quiet tone. "We were supposed to let her live."

No one protests when he raises his wand, his eyes still trailing the ground. The entire world seems to hold its breath, even the wind, stilling at his motions. The rocks do not move, the earth herself seems to wait in painful tension.

When his hazel-brown eyes meet her own, Gabriela Harrison knows these breaths will be her last.

And when her body falls to the ground, Kiki's own body flashes in his head. His mask crumbles, the final bit falling away, and his bottom lip trembles as he turns.

"A-And she not dead, she's not," He murmurs to himself more than anyone else, racing forwards to her body. "She's not, it is just a joke...it's just some stupid joke she's playing on me...because Kiki was always into stupid jokes, wasn't she?"

The dementors slowly start to fade away, the aurors surrounding Tom as he lifts her body in his arms.

The earth giants slowly crumble to dust, one by one as he watches, as Kiki's remaining power ebbs away.

Someone places a hand on his shoulder, trying in vain to comfort him. "She..." Marlene sighs. "She's gone, Tom."

"She's not dead!" He yells, a tear threatening to spill down his cheek. "Get away from me! She's not- Kiki! Kitioma isn't dead, Kiki can't die! She wouldn't leave me!"

A choked sob escapes his lips, and he kneels down over her body.

"Come back, Kiki!" He yells at the sky, his voice breaking through his cries. "I never meant to hurt you! Please, Kiki, come back!"

The remaining giants back up, their heavy feet crunching on the gravel.

"Don't leave me here alone!"

Her smile flashes through his head, the image of her laughing and dancing at the ball.

"I never meant for any of this to happen, Kiki, I promise!"

Her green eyes, sparkling as she reads through the many books in his study.

"Please, Kitioma! I want you here, I do!"

The dip in her nose, the arch of her cheekbones, the faint freckles running over her nose.

"I- I need you, Kiki..." He cries, his voice hoarse, clutching her body close to his chest, as if holding her will make her alive again, the final giant returning to dust around him. "I need you more than I've needed anything else, a-and you're not here..."

Her body is cold beneath his hands as he presses his forehead against her own, swallowing the tears in broken vain.

I've chased away your nightmares, princess

I promise they're all gone...

So please, tell me, answer me...where are you?

Unless...unless I'm the nightmare

Unless I need to go.

If I leave...if I leave, will you come back?

Please...say something, anything...

Will you ever come back to me, princess?

_____________

Any long paragraphs for me, do put them here :)