Eight

Gahyeon PoV

The girl on the floor stared at me intensely. Wasn't that the girl I had seen in school earlier? The one that got tormented by Handong? I think it is her. Is she also the one Yoohyeon and Sua had been searching for?

For a couple of seconds we just stared at each other. I had no clue on what to do or say. And it looked like the other girl was just as lost as me.

I took my time to scan over her. Her short shoulder length hair, her pretty face, the glasses (that I'm pretty sure she did not have on at school, but I could be wrong)she had on, the big hoodie and over to her legs and her very short hot pants ... wow, I should stop. This is headed in a very wrong direction right now.

I quickly shot my eyes back up to her face and was greeted with a pair of confused eyes, that seemed kind of shy.

Quickly I wiped the tears from my eyes and shook my head, trying to get out of it and slowly my mind travelled back to reality. And that reality was that this girl was sitting in my room. I thought I had locked all of the doors in the house, but apparently I forgot the door to my own freaking room.

"What are you doing in my room?" I questioned. As soon as I said that her eyes widened in realisation. In a swift movement she got up from the floor and bowed.

"I'm so sorry. I had to get away from the crowd and stumbled across the hallway and, I don't know why, but something drew me towards this room so I just went into it, I didn't know it was yours, I really didn't want to trespass. Sorry." she rambled on, bowing again.

I think that was literally just the most I had heard her speak, ever,all combined into one sentence.

I wanted to be angry. Angry at her, for invading my privacy. Angry at the situation itself. Angry at Handong, for deciding to play this stupid drinking game. Angry at my parents, for making me have to be someone else, someone who is throwing a party at her own home. But mostly angry at myself. For being so stupid to come up with the idea of throwing a party, for seeking the approval of not only my parents, but Handong as well, and for forgetting to lock my own freaking door.

I really wanted to be angry. But then I looked at the girl in front of me and her genuine expression and I just couldn't stay mad. Somehow looking at her made all my thoughts fade away.

I must have taken a while, because the girl in front of me (I think Yoohyeon called her Dami earlier, while we played the game. If it's her, that is.) started to bow again and to open her mouth for another apology.

"It's not your fault." I quickly spoke, not wanting her to feel too bad. "I guess I was smart enough to lock every door except my own."

"So, this is really your room?" she asked me, looking around.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

"No. It's just ... eh, not what I expected?"

"What do you mean?" I shuffled my feet and tilted my head.

She scratched her neck. "Uh, I don't know. I just thought - you know what. Nevermind. I was just caught off guard a little."

"Oh." I didn't know how to answer that.

She tilted her head and looked at me intensely again. "Are you okay?" she asked with a soft voice, stepping a little bit closer to me. Now she completely caught me off guard. I really didn't expect her to ask that, let alone to care at all.

"Yeah, I'm good." I lied, sniffling a little bit and desperately trying to sound confident.

I could see that she didn't believe me, but she chose not to question me further. Now we were just standing there again, neither one of us knowing what to say or do. Somehow I couldn't get my eyes off her, and slowly the quiet became awkward.