Snow (Hajisai/Hajime Makunouchi x Shinji Kasai)

(Warnings: panic attacks and spoilers for the members of Void!)

Every morning, Hajime and Shinji would go outside and jog around the block. They had began doing so together since they began dating less than a year ago. But this time, something was off.

It was a beautiful autumn morning, surprisingly not freezing for a November morning. Hajime and Shinji went out as always, making sure to wear their jackets to make sure they wouldn't get cold. Making banter as the duo got energized from their jog wasn't uncommon, and it certainly wasn't this morning.

Suddenly, small white flecks began falling from the sky. As they jogged, Shinji began to slow his pace while lowering his head to the ground to try and not see the snowflakes.

Of course, Hajime slowed down as well to match his pace. "Hey, you alright?" The boxer asked. Shinji didn't answer him, though he looked to be on the verge of tears. Hajime scoured his memories to try to find the answer. Finally, he recalled a conversation he and Shinji had a few months ago.

"I'm not really looking forward to winter coming." Shinji admitted, looking down at the coffee table.

Hajime finished an energy drink before looking over at him. "Hm? How come?"

The firefighter took a deep breath. "Well, everytime I see snow, the memories of the past comes back to me and I panic. My heart beats uncontrollably, my face gets covered in sweat...inside my head, everything goes white." He shook his head with a chuckle. "I sound pitiful, don't I?"

"Sounds like PTSD. Have you seen a therapist about it?" Hajime asked.

"Yeah, and I take medication for it. I keep them hidden from you because I know how much you don't like medicine." Internally, Shinji wondered if he should've said that around Hajime.

Hajime shook his head, putting his drink down. "Don't. If it helps your mental health, then there's no need to hide them." He suddenly stood up from the table. "Your mental health is just as important as your physical health! Don't you ever forget that!" He shouted.

Shinji laughed and reached over to Hajime, pulling him back down into his seat. "Yeah, you're completely right! How about we do some training after we finish our lunches?"

"We should at least wait a few minutes for the food to settle. Otherwise, we'll throw up." Hajime advised.

"Right, right." Shinji smiled.

Hajime's eyes widened as he realized that this was the PTSD that Shinji had told him about. "Hey, how about we turn around and go back? We didn't go far from the house, come on." He encouraged as he turned the firefighter around and guided him back to their house.

Once they got inside, Hajime quickly closed the door behind them, took off his shoes, and ran to the living room to pull the curtains closed. As soon as he turned all the lights on in the living room, Shinji lumbered inside in a daze, having already taken off his shoes. Hajime quickly guided his poor boyfriend to sit down on the couch before heading to the kitchen. 

He poured some milk into a cup and heated it up in the microwave, watching impatiently as the numbers on the timer ticked down. He was relieved when the microwave beeped and he took the milk out of the microwave. Hajime headed back to the living room and sat on the couch beside Shinji, handing him the cup of warm milk before sitting down beside him and wrapping his arms around him. 

Internally, Hajime was nervous and unsure if his method would work. Giving the person something warm to drink and giving them physical affection usually worked when calming down the other three Voids - Mikado excluded due to the fact that he always disappeared when he was distressed and usually would come back for a few hours - but they were basically his family. This was the first time he'd seen this side of Shinji, so he wasn't too sure on what to do. Maybe when Shinji's a little more aware, he'd make him take his medication.

It was only when his poor boyfriend began leaning into him when he realized that he'd been spacing out. He sighed and tightened his hold around Shinji. Even if he didn't know what to do now or used the wrong method, he was sure that Shinji would at least thank him later for trying.

Art credit: marronknives on instagram