Chapter 8: Be True

"that boy is mine"

"that boy is mine"

One Week Later: King George's POV

We had been in America for a week, staying on our ship in New York harbor. I was waiting for the perfect time to go through with the plan.

I sat in my quarters on the ship, sitting at the desk and staring off into space, thinking about the one person who had captured my thoughts for weeks upon weeks.

There was a knock on my door and the person entered after I gave them permission. It was the general, Nicholas Reginald.

"General Reginald?" I questioned.

"The girl is at her home right now. Her sisters and her father are with her, but there is also a man by the name of Alexander Hamilton." the general informed me.

My brows furrowed. This 'Hamilton' better not be trying to take my love away from me. She was mine and mine only. It didn't matter anyway, I'd have her soon. She would be here with me and I will finally be able to look at her perfect face every day and talk to her without having to wait a week for a reply.

I forgot General Reginald was there, so I decided to say something. "Interesting........"

Meanwhile: Y/N's POV

My sisters and I nervously sat on a sofa in the living room, unable to hear a word said in the next room. Alexander was here, and he was asking for our father's blessing to marry Eliza.

The two had been exchanging letters for the past two or three weeks and they both already knew that they loved each other and wanted to spend their lives together. I remember the first time one of Alexander's letters arrived:

Three weeks earlier:

"Y/N! Eliza! There are letters for both of you!" Angelica shouted from the front door. Eliza and I exchanged a happy glance, jumping up from the couch and running to collect our letters from Angelica.

I took my letter and held it behind my back while Eliza opened hers and unfolded it. She cheeks suddenly became very red. "It's from, Alexander!" she exclaimed.

"Be careful with that one, love. He will do what it takes to survive." Angelica advised, her, Peggy, and I looking at the letter over Eliza's shoulders.

Present time:

My father and Alexander walked back into the room, pretending that nothing happened. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

We ate dinner, engaging in some small talk, avoiding the elephant in the room. But after dinner, when my father and Alexander were having drinks and my sisters and I were standing around, my father made his way across the room to Alex.

He shook his hand and said "Be true." Alexander turned back to Eliza, smiling the biggest smile I had ever seen on his face.

Eliza jumped towards Alexander, wrapping her arms around him as he did the same to her. When the two pulled apart, both of them hugged Angelica, Peggy, and I.

Beaming, Eliza looked up to the sky and sang "He's mine. That boy is mine!!!!!!!"

The next day:

Alexander stood at the end of the aisle. I was holding a bouquet of flowers in my hands, Aaron Burr (sir) holding onto my arm. I was one of the bridesmaids and Burr was a groomsmen. Angelica was in front of me, John Laurens holding her arm. The two were the maid of honor and best man. Behind me, Peggy stood with Marquis de Lafayette, bridesmaid and groomsmen. Behind the two of them, was Hercules Mulligan with a bin of small flower petals. Off to the side, Washington stood, watching his right hand man about to be married. And finally, in the back of the line was Eliza, a veil over her head and a beautiful bouquet of flowers in her hands. My father stood beside her, smiling with tears in his eyes, knowing that he was about to hand his daughter over to another man.

The music started playing and everyone walked down the aisle. Lafayette whispered something to Peggy, but there was no telling what it was.

When Burr and I reached the end of the aisle, we unhooked our arms and went separate way. Peggy, Angelica, and I stood to the left while Burr, Lafayette, and John stood to the right, Hercules and Washington close by.

My father kissed Eliza on the cheek, walking away as she made her way up to stand across from Alexander.

They said their vows and exchanged rings, then Eliza leaned a bit closer and sang "Helpless......." Then their lips connected and everyone cheered.