Prologue

There was never an era so full of glamour yet burdened by misfortune at the same time. An era where alcohol was illegal, yet the entire country drank its way into a roaring oblivion.

It was the 20s, the 1920s. Things were different. The time had its own rules and its own rule breakers—different from any other era. It seemed to be that the scandals were more scandalous, and good people participated in breaking the law while bad ones helped them. People cared less and let loose, girls cut their hair boy short, and along with shorter hair came shorter dresses. The 1920s invented a new woman. Necklines became lower and hemlines higher. Heels were taller and makeup was bolder. In 1920 women gained the long awaited and well--deserved right to vote, and with that came a new generation of women. History gave these 1920s women a name: flappers. They wore beaded headpieces accented with a feather, long strings of pearls, red over—lined lips, and the scent of floral perfume. We call it the Roaring 20s, and why exactly is that? It's because it was nothing less than an absolute roar. These stories showcase the 20s in its finest and not—so—finest moments. The good and the bad. Many stories intertwined. Many memories. Many lessons. Read and you will find out why exactly the 1920s was not only an era to remember, but one to relive. The music set the tone and the people set the scene. The events set the plot and New York City set the stage.

This isn't your average story with a beginning, middle, and end . . . but moreover many beginnings, middles, and ends. Many stories that make up The Roaring.

These stories are all over the place—as were their lives during the ever so roaring twenties. Stick with me and in the end, I promise you, you'll grow fond of our special six and their motion picture like lives.

Their Roaring lives.