2

Something about the bluenette woman who just had left the small flower shop amazed Peridot. Maybe it was because she had come in every week apparently, or maybe it was just that she had so much love for plants.

Whatever it was, she definitely wanted more information on her, so she went to Pearl.

"Pearl, may I ask you a question?" Peridot looked at her for a moment, waiting for her reply.

Pearl was in the back room stacking some boxes up. She turned and looked at Peridot. "Oh! Sure, Peridot. What do you need?"

"Well umm..." Peridot started to suddenly feel embarrassed for wanting to know more about the mysterious blue-haired woman.

"Go on, Peridot. Spit it out." Pearl continued to stack boxes while she waited for the blonde to just ask her whatever she was going to ask. She didn't have a lot of patience, especially when she was in the middle of doing something.

Peridot let out a small huff. "Well, I want to know more about the girl who supposedly comes in here every week. Why does she come in so often?"

"Ohhhh, I knew you'd ask about her soon." Pearl chuckled and climbed down from her step stool, not that she needed it. She was fairly tall and slim. "Well, she just really loves plants obviously. She's also an artist and makes REALLY good paintings of her plants. Lapis is a talented gal."

"Her name is Lapis? Like the rock?" Peridot tilted her head. "Why is everyone I know named after rocks? Even myself."

"Must've been a trend." Pearl laughed quietly. "We're all about the same age. Garnet and I are both twenty four, Amethyst is twenty one, and Lapis is twenty two. You're twenty one, aren't you?"

Peridot shook her head. "Not quite, I'm going to be twenty one next month."

"Ahh." Pearl nodded. "Any big plans for your big twenty first?" She was now leaning against one of the shelves holding her stacked boxes.

"Not sure yet, but Lapis is her name right? I might try to find her online to look at her paintings or something. I'm interested." Peridot smiled.

"Interested in her or the paintings?" Pearl smirked and looked at her.

"WHAT-" Peridot turned bright red. "IN THE PAINTINGS PEARL!" She rubbed her face and mumbled a few curses under her breath as she walked out of the back room.

"I'm sureeeeee!" Pearl called after her, sending Peridot into an even more of a flustered state.

[A/N] I couldn't help myself- I had to put out another chapter BC whew I'm inspired right now. Anywho I know this was shorter but I promise this book is going to be good hehe. Remember to vote if you enjoyed this chapter ! luv you all <3