Chapter 6

Seoul people  go crazy when the Knick's play at home. Words can't describe the frenzy of enthusiastic fans waving pennants and banners as they waited to get into Madison Square Garden. Their excitement was infectious and soon Sana found herself chiming in with the chant.

"We love the Knicks!" It only took a few more times for Mina to follow along with her. Each time she said Knicks, she plucked at the waistband of her knickerbockers styled pants.

"I can't believe you're wearing your great-grandfather's clothes," Sana snickered.

"These pants are my juju. When it comes to the Knicks, I'm very superstitious." Mina shot back defensively.

"And I see that superstition goes all the way back to your ancestors." Sana teased.

"You're just jealous that you don't have a pair."

"Yeah, right. Let's just hope there aren't any fashion police in attendance tonight."

"You're in a good mood today, my friend. I'm glad you decided to come." Mina stopped a vendor and bought beer for them. "Hey, weren't you planning to spend the weekend with dull boy?"

Sana cleared the turnstile and headed toward the seating area. "Yeah, I changed my mind."

"Why? What did he have planned?" Mina pressed curiously trying to keep up with Sana's determined stride.

"Ballet." Sana answered hesitantly, bracing herself for the teasing to come.

"Ballet?" Mina released a throaty laugh. "Oh my god, he is such a nerd."

"Mina, you promised." Sana cautioned as they moved to their seats.

"Right, no trashing Eun-Woo..." Mina smirked hiding her lips behind the cup as she sipped her beer. "Tonight"
Sana shook her head at her incorrigible friend. "Why do you hate him so much?"

"I don't hate him." Mina's head snapped indignantly "I just don't think he's the right person for you."

"Based on what?"

"Based on the fact that you two don't match."

Sana looked at her friend questioningly.

"Let's see if I can make myself clear." Mina scratched her head searching for the right words. "I have this feeling that Eun-Woo is looking for some sort of a trophy wife. Someone he can show off at company parties, a woman that stays home and takes care of his children." She looked at Sana. "Beautiful children I might add." Catching the glint of a twinkle coming to Sana's eyes, she continued on. "Face it Sana, he's the kind of man who goes to a Ballet presentation on a Knicks game night."

"He's sophisticated," Sana rebuked.

"Boring!" Mina rolled her eyes and sighed exasperatedly. "So...if that's the life style you want, why are you here with me instead of there with him?"

Sana opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Because you wanted to have fun, that's why. Eun-Woo is not gonna make you happy. You don't have any friends in common and he doesn't like the same things you do. Come on Sana, open your eyes and find someone that stirs your emotions." Mina put her arm around Sana's shoulders and spoke with a teasing grin. "You need to find someone who wouldn't miss a Knicks' game without a very good reason."

Wide-eyed and innocently Sana blinked. "And who would that be? Someone like you perhaps?"

"Could be but you'll never know if you don't start looking around you." Mina released her friend and slowly surveyed the crowd of spectators and fans filling the sports venue before taking her seat. "It could very well be someone with a ticket for the game tonight." Mina plopped down into her seat and smirked. "At least none of them will be wearing a tutu."