[i hate that i saw you again last night]

A/N: listen to the song and check out the lyrics before reading for a better experience :')

prelude:

"we can never be friends;"

Lauren was shocked- scratch that- she was far from shocked. She even felt the need to rub her eyes, just to be sure that she isn't seeing things from the joint she and Colson shared before coming into the club; even the loud music that was blasting through her body, now fading away in her ears. Lauren felt like fainting because Camila was there. Right there. A few feet away from Lauren's reach. Camila with her long straight hair; with her white high heels making her legs look so incredibly long; with her long delicate fingers; with her white tight dress that was just hugging her curves so good; with her sharp jawline that could cut right through her heart; with her soft smile and warm eyes-

Camila who still hasn't seen her, but was firmly holding Shawn's hand. And let me tell you; Lauren never felt so many emotions at once. But most of all she hated it, she hated the stupid smiles on their faces as they joined the small group of friends; Lauren's friends.

Even though Shawn has recently started hanging out with them, he was a good friend of Lucy's. Nobody minded too, he was a good company and a good guy for sure. Lauren wasn't even sure when he made his way into their group, but one day he was there and nobody minded.

But Lauren hated it now, she could feel her blood freeze and then boil in her body. Shawn with his stupid white t-shirt and jeans; with his curly hair and his stupid height; Shawn with his perfect white teeth and jawline; Shawn with his warm eyes and open heart; Shawn with his stupid new girlfriend that he was supposed to introduce to his friends tonight. He was everything Lauren could never be, in fact, they were like two sides of the same coin; so opposite but so alike. And that's why Lauren could just feel it in the pit of her stomach, the raw emotion of jealousy and hatred; she could almost taste it in her mouth.

Lauren brought her drink to her lips taking a big sip; the alcohol burning its way down her body making her squeeze her eyes shut and gasp at the strong liquid. When she opened them she was met with chocolate orbs and very very surprised and maybe panicked Camila.

It was evident all over her face, Camila was shocked as much as her. But with Shawn's hand on her waist and the way he guided her to move and meet the rest of his friends-

They were coming Lauren's way.

"Mila, this is Colson-" Shawn shouted over the music and pointed at the tall blond boy next to Lauren.

"Nice to meet you," Colson had replied and smiled at the shorter Latina.

"Likewise,"

"And at last but not least, this is Lauren!" the Canadian motioned at the green-eyed girl.

And yeah, Lauren definitely felt like fainting; maybe it was the joint, maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was Camila.

"Nice to meet you, Lauren." Camila's eyes spoke it all. Lauren knew they were playing a dangerous game right now and she wasn't really in the mood to tell all of her friends that she already knew Camila; or about all the ways she knew the other Latina. So she played along. Pretending that nothing has happened was always the easier choice anyway.

"You too," Lauren simply nodded, and before anything else can happen Shawn was dragging his girlfriend towards the bar.

The raven-haired girl could feel the bitterness on her tongue as she watched them walk away. She wasn't ready to see Camila. Not after everything, not yet. Maybe she was never going to be ready for that. Because suddenly it all came back and she felt like drowning in emotions. It frustrated her how much Camila affected her right now, after all this time.