Chapter 3

Tempest spun around and ran, activating his Mobilispeed song and kicking up a cloud of dust. He closed in around the now awake form of Airiox, who was unsheathing his sword to help. One of the Voltaris charged with his iron dagger, and threw it at Tempest. He looped his sword in a figure 8 motion and deflected the dagger into the chest of another Voltaris who had been charging him with a spear. That one fell, holding the dagger in agony.

"Airiox! Get that guy!" said Tempest, motioning to one Voltaris which was charging them with an iron sword. Airiox broke off from Tempest and began dueling the Voltaris, with much difficulty; but he managed to stay alive. "I'll get Hallux," said Tempest, quieter, and began to run. An arrow stabbed into the flat side of his sword, and he pulled it out and activated Mobilispeed, arriving at Hallux before he realized Tempest would. Tempest brought his sword down on Hallux's head, and he blocked it with his diamond axe which flared up with an enchantment. Tempest kicked Hallux in the shins, and he momentarily lost balance. Tempest took the opportunity, and quickly spun around and kicked him in the stomach. He looked over at Airiox, who was still dueling the Voltaris.

Tempest Mobilisped towards them, and stabbed the Voltaris in the gut. He then grabbed Airiox by the hand, and they fled the clearing. Tempest activated his Mobilispeed song just in case the Voltaris pursued them; Airiox, surprised, was dragged into the Mobilispeed's force and taken with Tempest for almost two miles of running.

They kept running until they finally reached Crown Peak, and Tempest kept the Song running until they arrived at one of the houses, which didn't seem very significant at all compared to the other houses (almost every house in that neighborhood looked the exact same). It was a small white house with a purple roof. Tempest was still using the tiring Mobilium Song and came up right to the house before stopping it, and he knocked on the door. Firenis opened immediately, having been waiting for Tempest to arrive. Tempest took a few steps into the house, and then collapsed on a nearby chair. He was drained, on the verge of death from overuse of his Song.

Airiox, who had yet to understand much about Songs, stepped in nervously, and saw Tempest knocked out on the chair. Firenis welcomed him in.

He was astonishingly old, with more horn pixels than Airiox knew could exist. "A-are you Firenis?" asked the young Ardoni.

"Yes, I am," he said in a surprisingly clear voice. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Airiox," he said. "Uh, the Voltaris attacked me, so Tempest saved me and brought me here. We ran into them again, and Tempest ran all the way with me."

"Ah, yes. Song overuse. Tempest never understood that when he was training with me. I expect he will now, though." the old Kaltaris chuckled.

Airiox, tired himself from dueling the Voltaris, crashed onto the fluffy couch. "Phew. That- was really tiring! I've never been in a real battle before."

"Hehe! I would hardly call a fight with half a dozen Voltaris a battle, young Airiox, but yes, fights do fill one with adrenaline."

"When will- he wake up?" asked Airiox, gesturing to the knocked out Sendaris.

"I expect he will gain consciousness very soon. Perhaps even within the next hour. However, I have urgent news to discuss with Tempest."

"More news? Is it about the Deathsinger?"

Firenis was mildly surprised that Airiox seemed to believe in Ingressus. The Ardoni clans refused to believe in the Deathsinger, even though no one from the Second Battle of Mount Velgrin had returned. Firenis himself mourned the loss of one of his former students at Kaltaria Songwielding School, Zulius Kaltaris. He had been a good student, faithful leader, and an excellent fighter. His loss had been very unfortunate and unnecessary. Firenis shook it out of his head. We have more urgent priorities now, he thought, and refocused.