- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9 -

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING⚠︎︎
⚠︎︎ In-depth explanation of past self-harming (GRAPHIC). Mention of drug addiction, and recovery. Mention of being suicidal.⚠︎︎

☁︎︎

☁︎︎

September 2009

You awoke the next morning to the sound of a coffee mug being placed on the table in front of you. Sitting up slowly, you rubbed your tired eyes and yawned.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" Spencer apologized softly.

"That's ok" you smiled stretching out your body.

"I hope you slept ok, I would've woken you up so that you could sleep in your own bed, but you looked really peaceful, and I haven't seen you like that in a while, so I-" Spencer rambled opening the curtains.

"Spencer it's ok... I haven't slept that well in a while... I have been so scared to sleep for so long, that I haven't allowed myself to sleep. But that felt good." you smiled picking the mug off the table and sipping the coffee.

"Ok good" Spencer sighed with relief.
"So, Penelope is gonna bring over your stuff, there are 3 boxes of your stuff... The first box has your clothes in it. The second box has all belongings that looked personal to you, and toiletries, the other box had books in it."

"Ok" You mumbled.

"Derek was wondering what you wanted to do with your furniture?" Spencer asked.

"It's all broken, or stained in some way, so throw it away or recycle it... Whatever is easiest" you sighed.
"Nothing in that apartment was particularly valuable."

"Also, the girls want to go shopping and they asked if you wanted to go with them" Spencer added.
"They thought now you don't have Taylor in your life, and you don't have to hide the fact that you have money, they thought you might want to get some new clothes."

"I have clothes" you frowned.

"Penelope pointed out that they all had moth holes in them, or they were falling apart" Spencer stated.
"You might have fun"

"When can I go back to work?" You asked curiously.

"Hotch said whenever he thinks you're ready... You might have to do a psych eval... I think he wants you to do a psych eval because you've never even been to therapy, and someone who's gone through what you have, should definitely be in therapy." Spencer pointed out taking a seat next to you on the couch.

"I don't need therapy" you sighed.
"I've lasted this long without it"

"And how's that working for you?" Spencer questioned, unintentionally glancing down at your arms.