𝟢𝟨 | 𝖮𝖵𝖤𝖱 𝖨𝖳

"I'M DOWNSTAIRS

"I'M DOWNSTAIRS." Corinne reads the text, getting off of her bed. "Ma, I'm finna leave." She says, poking her head in her room. "Okay, baby. Text me if anything happens." Her mom tells her, still laying down. "You want me some to bring you something back?" Corinne asks.

"I'm okay. Thank you for offering." She says.

"I love you." Corinne tells her, hearing a low "I love you too." She grabs her keys on the counter before walking out the door. She gets on the elevator going to the first-floor lobby.

"Hey, Frank." She greets the door man before walking out the revolving door and getting in the familiar blue Impala.

"You not gone give me a kiss?" The Hispanic boy asks. "No. Why would I do that?" She had just kissed another boy the other day. Not even a full twenty-four hours ago. Kissing Milo would be a little too hoe-ish for her. She was single and could do what she wanted but still, it didn't sit right with her spirit.

"Where we going?" She asks. "Jojo's Shake Bar." He tells her. "I wanted to take Jakara there." She says, bringing up her god-niece. "You gotta see if you like it for her first." He tells her. "Yeah, you right." She nods, getting off vibes from the situation.

"How you feel?" He asks.

"I feel better." She tells him, leaving out key details about why she felt better. "As long as you starting to feel better, that's something." He says making her nod.

"You ready to start school?" He asks, knowing they would now be attending the same one. "Yeah, I met some of Kelis friends. They cool." She tells him.

"Paris 'nem?"

"Yeah. They cool." She repeats.

"All you needed me and Lani." He says making her roll her eyes at the mention of l his sister who used to be one of Corinne's closest friends.

She chose her brother over Corinne after the break-up and while Corinne didn't blame her because she was always choosing her brothers. Corinne just felt as if she should've stayed out of it entirely. Leilani had stayed silent the entire time he was cheating on her so it wasn't any reason for her to be so vocal when Corinne broke up with him because of it.

"I don't rock with y'all like that." She tells him.

"But Lani can still introduce you to her friends. Her female friends." He says. He knew how his sister got down.

"We not together and I don't talk to Leilani." She tells him. "You mine though. You know that." He glances at her parking in the parking lot. "No, I'm not. I was until you cheated on me and now that's not the case." She says.

"You acting like this cause I let Patty give me head?" He asks while they walk towards the restaurant. Corinne finds herself chuckling shaking her head. She had been being cordial with him since they broke up and he took her hospitality and coming to this outing was her way of saying she was over everything he did.