Chapter Six- Save Him Too

Loki woke up with a start, coming up short when he was stopped by the shackles on his arms and legs. He looked around with utter confusion, the last he could remember he had still been in the cave with Ash.

He soon hissed in pain as his head began to ache, yet his thoughts seemed oddly clear for the first time in years. Looking over he saw Ash slumped across the bed rail, one hand holding his while the other gripped Tony Stark's. A pinch of jealousy wormed it's way into his heart, though he could not grasp why. Oddly enough, Tony Stark was also slumped over in a nearby chair, his head resting on the wall behind him.

Banner was the only one awake, too busy checking a variety of monitors to notice that Loki had woken up yet. Loki attempted to use that distraction to his advantage, trying to pick the locks with his magic, only to set off several alarms in the process.

"Don't bother." Banner stated, not bothering to look up as he turned the alarms back off. Several Avengers were already sliding into the room with weapons drawn by the time the noise stopped. "Ash brought you to us because you were in a coma. He needed our help to wake you up. But that also means you are inside the Avengers Tower. Even if you get the shackles off, you still have all the other security to bypass. So just sit back and recuperate like a good little patient first, alright?" Banner spoke bluntly, raising one thick eyebrow at him when he finally glanced over at Loki's stunned face.

"Ash brought me here?" Loki asked, his voice raspy. "Yeah, why? Hard to believe he gave a shit about you?" Banner questioned, understanding that Loki might consider it a betrayal and determined to prevent that, "He didn't really have a choice. We are the only ones around even a tad familiar with Asgardian physiology, or that would have the tech to check you over. If he took you to a regular doctor they might have done you more harm than good. And before you say, 'I'm a god, I wouldn't die!' You almost did. Your mind was being overwritten by a guy named Maw. Even if your body was still walking around, you would have been long gone. Since you're awake now, it means that Ash just saved your ass. Be sure to thank him when he wakes up."

Loki was too stunned to respond, and just relaxed back onto the bed. It was only Natasha that noticed Loki's hand grip Ash's a tad tighter, refusing to let go.

Once it was clear that Loki wasn't going anywhere, the Avengers slowly slipped away again. First Clint, then Rhodes, and finally Natasha. Banner stayed where he was, slowly growing more concerned as Ash and Tony failed to wake up. Eventually he rushed over to Ash, lifting his eyelids and checking his pupils response to light, as well as his pulse. He had hoped his equipment had been wrong, but they weren't. His pulse was growing weaker, and his eyes hadn't reacted to the light. His mind wasn't connecting properly, something interfering with his brain's neural feedback. If something wasn't done soon, he might die. Banner tried waking Tony as well, hoping that their mental link might bring him back that way, only for Tony to snap up as if he'd been having a nap. Ash was still out.

Banner quickly explained the problem to Tony as he rushed over to signal for more doctors.

"Wait." Loki said softly, his voice almost missed amongst the sudden chaos. Banner started to pull Ash away from him, but Loki refused to let go. "Wait!" He said again, his voice stronger now. Banner stopped, looking at him questioningly. "He used a mental link, right?" Loki asked, "Went into my head?" Banner nodded. "That takes a lot of energy. If he wasn't used to it, then he probably used too much. Get him sugar. Honey, anything with a lot of nutrients. His brain has depleted them..." Loki explained, still not letting go of his hand. Banner sent a nurse after the supplies as soon as she rushed in the door a second later, as he hurried to grab another hospital bed and lifted the boy into it. Ash and Loki's two hands never parted though, and Banner wondered about it for a moment only to realise that it wasn't just Loki holding on, but Ash as well.